18 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
wrheadle

--
21 Sep 2009 05:45 AM

All-

This is a call for anyone who wants to get involved with the board, gain a better understanding of how the club works and have an influence on the future path of the club. I will not be running for the Director at Large seat in 2010 and, as a result that seat is open. It is possible that incumbants in other positions will chose not to run as well.

Nominations are at the October meeting, so, if you are interested, please plan to attend. If you cannot make it, you can let someone else know and you can be nominated in abstentia. If you have any questions about the responsibilties of the Director at Large position (or any other), feel free to contact myself or any other board member. I/they would be happy to talk to you about it.

Thanks

Bill

VerizonGuy

--
    21 Sep 2009 03:01 PM

To help everybody out on what is avalible, this is from the Policies and Procedures:

http://www.fwscca.com/Policies/Poli...P_2006.pdf

5. REGION OFFICIALS... 14

5.1 Regional Executive... 14

5.2 Assistant Regional Executive... 14

5.3 Secretary... 15

5.4 Treasurer... 15

5.5 Rally Director... 16

5.6 Solo Director... 16

5.7 Competition Director... 17

5.8 Public Relations Director... 18

5.9 Trophy Chairperson... 18

5.10 Pointskeeper... 18

5.11 Newsletter Editor... 19

5.12 Director At Large... 19

5.13 Regional Advisor... 20

5.14 Equipment Manager… 20

wrheadle

--
    21 Sep 2009 03:20 PM
    VerizonGuy wrote:

To help everybody out on what is avalible, this is from the Policies and Procedures:

http://www.fwscca.com/Policies/Poli...P_2006.pdf

5. REGION OFFICIALS... 14

5.1 Regional Executive... 14

5.2 Assistant Regional Executive... 14

5.3 Secretary... 15

5.4 Treasurer... 15

5.5 Rally Director... 16

5.6 Solo Director... 16

5.7 Competition Director... 17

5.12 Director At Large... 19

Be aware that some of these are appointed by the RE, not elected by the membership. I have edited the list above to include just the elected positions.

Bill

wrheadle

--
    08 Oct 2009 12:37 PM

Two weeks from yesterday, 10/21/09 at 6:30PM at the JA building. Board nominations will be on the agenda. IF nothing else, come watch how your club works. Board positions are open for next year.

Bill

OneEyeMedia

--
    09 Oct 2009 06:46 PM

Bill, when is the deadline for a person to become a Fort Wayne Sports Car Club of America member to have his vote count? If I read the policies and procedures right, you need to be a member of the region before 10-21-09, correct? That is a membership number processed through the national office before that date, correct?

Pulled from policies and procedures...

6.3 Annual Election Voting Procedures

1) No personal voter information should appear on the ballot.

2) Members who are unable to attend the membership meeting for the election may mail a ballot to the

club Secretary. Ballots which are mailed in must have, on the outside of the envelope, a member

number or other verifiable proof of membership for each enclosed ballot.

3) The Secretary brings, unopened, all envelopes containing mail-in ballots which were received by the

latest mail delivery that day to the membership meeting.

4) If any members are present at the meeting who sent in a mail-in ballot, the Secretary returns their

envelope unopened.

5) In public view, the Assistant Regional Executive verifies that the envelopes represent valid votes, using

the latest membership roster as supplied by the National SCCA office.

6) In public view, the Secretary opens the envelope, removes the ballot(s), and deposits the ballot(s),

unexamined, in the voting box. The Secretary marks the number of ballots contained on each envelope,

and initials each envelope.

7) In public view, each present eligible member places one ballot in the voting box.

Also, was nominations are made, is there an actual posting in the news letter for all members to see who they can vote for then and then a vote is done when, November?

Just thinking new people that want to be involved would need to know this? And I was a little sketchy on how the whole thing goes down...

Thanks in advance...

wrheadle

--
    10 Oct 2009 05:44 AM

Jason-

You would have to be a member before 10/21 and you would have to bea memeber before the following meeting to vote. The Nominations are at the membership meeting this month, they are published in the drift (along with a mail in ballot), and the votes are taken and tallied at the November meeting.

Bill

CSP137

--
    19 Oct 2009 12:31 PM

I'M IN!

Everyone,

Upon much reflection and talking to others, I have decided to run for the Regional Executive position. I think there are a lot of things the FWR could improve on. Mostly though, it will take many people helping out a little.

There have been a couple others who said they would step up and run for a position. Thanks guys!

There are several positions to fill. A few are voted positions, so please be there Wednesday! Some positions are appointed like Public Relations & Drift Editor. Plus, if we want to run Solo Events next year - it will require lots of hand and feet to make sure that each person doesn't get saddled with doing a while bunch by himself/herself.

I'm excited about the possibilities that we have for Fort Wayne Region!

Don't count on me to do everything right, but you can count on me to do my best! ....And expect me to keep asking people to help out!

Steve

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Oct 2009 02:46 PM
    Hope it isn't too late to get a slate published somewhere. You'll need to give people an opportunity to cast an absentee ballot. Very few FWR members actually visit this forum.
    wrheadle

--
    19 Oct 2009 04:20 PM

Ron-

Nominations are this wednesday, so no issues with the slate. It isn't set for two more days.

Steve-

Way to step up. The 2010 RE will have my fulle support, just like the rest of the board does and will.

Bill

KBroeker

--
    19 Oct 2009 05:58 PM
    Steve- Awesome! I have heard that others will be stepping up to take on other roles + I hope they follow through. If I am able to participate in FWR SCCA next year, I look forward to your leadership and pledge my support as I am able.
    OneEyeMedia

--
    19 Oct 2009 07:30 PM

Steve - I fully support you in the RE position! - WAY TO STEP IT UP A NOTCH!

BTW -

I have renewed my membership tonight and want to put my name in for Solo Director Position.

This is something I wanted to do for a couple years now and I feel more confident now and have the time available to take on this role if voted for. I am very passionate about making Fort Wayne Region SCCA one of the best out there.

I look forward to Wednesday's meeting...

See you all Wednesday!

Jason

SpeedTeacher

--
    19 Oct 2009 08:32 PM
    OneEyeMedia wrote:

Steve - I fully support you in the RE position! - WAY TO STEP IT UP A NOTCH!

BTW -

I have renewed my membership tonight and want to put my name in for Solo Director Position.

This is something I wanted to do for a couple years now and I feel more confident now and have the time available to take on this role if voted for. I am very passionate about making Fort Wayne Region SCCA one of the best out there.

I look forward to Wednesday's meeting...

See you all Wednesday!

Jason

Hey Dude! If you become Solo Director, can I be your assistant? Seriously... I would love to help.

Todd

CSP137

--
    20 Oct 2009 07:26 AM

Todd,

The club could surely benefit from your expertise!!!

Steve

Bigblockbandit

--
    30 Oct 2009 08:38 AM
    I am really glad to see you guys stepping up to offer your assistance to the club. I know how hard it is to find people to step up in any organization, and Im happy to see the interest, I will try to remember to vote!
    CSP137

--
    04 Nov 2009 08:31 AM

2 weeks away!

Come out to the board meeting/membership meeting on Wednesday, November 18. 6:30 board meeting / 7:30 membership meeting - social time afterwards.

Come out and vote (this is your club). If you cannot come out and vote, please look on our website www.fwscca.com for absentee ballots in November Drift (should be posted in the next day or two). Some positions have more than one candidate and need your help to decide. Plus, you can be nominated up until the actual election and write-ins are welcomed as well.

Steve Mieritz [:)]

OneEyeMedia

--
    07 Nov 2009 01:59 PM

Little over a week to go!

Just wanted to remind you all - November 18 is the day. I would image the drift will be published soon to get you ballots in. As mentioned above from Steve - check out the policies for voting and come to the meeting on the 18th and get your vote in!

Take care,

Jason

CSP137

--
    09 Nov 2009 06:29 AM

Extra, Exra! Read all about it!

The November issue is out on the website now!

http://www.fwscca.com/Drift/Newslet..._nov09.pdf

Read about the candidates and vote for the candidates you think will be best for the club. But please vote! Elections are a little over a week away! [;)]

CSP137

--
    16 Nov 2009 12:07 PM

Wednesday night!

That's right - it's this Wednesday night. 6:30 board meeting / 7:30 membership meeting - social time afterwards.

If you cannot make it, please visit the website, print a ballot, follow the instructions and send it in! Do it now!

Thanks to everyone who's stepped up to volunteer for board positions - and to help out in other ways. It's going to take everyone pitching in a little. We're all going to make the Fort Wayne Region a fun club to be involved in!

Steve Mieritz

Cobra

--
    16 Nov 2009 02:48 PM
    Awesome. Best of luck to everyone that's running and I look forward to talking with my FWR counterpart about events (challenge? [;)]) for next year.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner