Bill, when is the deadline for a person to become a Fort Wayne Sports Car Club of America member to have his vote count? If I read the policies and procedures right, you need to be a member of the region before 10-21-09, correct? That is a membership number processed through the national office before that date, correct?
Pulled from policies and procedures...
6.3 Annual Election Voting Procedures
1) No personal voter information should appear on the ballot.
2) Members who are unable to attend the membership meeting for the election may mail a ballot to the
club Secretary. Ballots which are mailed in must have, on the outside of the envelope, a member
number or other verifiable proof of membership for each enclosed ballot.
3) The Secretary brings, unopened, all envelopes containing mail-in ballots which were received by the
latest mail delivery that day to the membership meeting.
4) If any members are present at the meeting who sent in a mail-in ballot, the Secretary returns their
5) In public view, the Assistant Regional Executive verifies that the envelopes represent valid votes, using
the latest membership roster as supplied by the National SCCA office.
6) In public view, the Secretary opens the envelope, removes the ballot(s), and deposits the ballot(s),
unexamined, in the voting box. The Secretary marks the number of ballots contained on each envelope,
and initials each envelope.
7) In public view, each present eligible member places one ballot in the voting box.
Also, was nominations are made, is there an actual posting in the news letter for all members to see who they can vote for then and then a vote is done when, November?
Just thinking new people that want to be involved would need to know this? And I was a little sketchy on how the whole thing goes down...
Thanks in advance...