15 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Barry Hunter

--
29 Dec 2000 08:42 PM
    Hello All
    Being the nut case that I am,,I'm looking to autocross my pickup {dakotaR/T} but I can't seam to find where in the rules it will fit..I have looked at everything on line that you {SCCA} and E/R havebut to no avail..any assistance would be appriciated...Mabey a brief description on the truck will help..
    wheel base 112 inches
    motor 360 c.i. 5.9 liter
    wheels 17x9 stock wheels
    tires yokohama 285-40-17 A520
    weight 4055 lb's
    some bolt on motor mods,,,some suspension mods,bushings,shocks springs,upper a frames,,brake upgrade in the works....

Thanks for any help
    Barry

------------------
    Trueblue R/T
    motor stuff
    suspension stuff
    88dp

--
    30 Dec 2000 10:35 AM
    Well, cruising through the 2000 Solo rules;

If you were stock - F-stock - P160

With the mods you list;
    E-Street Prepared - P169
    Depending on the brake mods you plan.
    See P100 for street prepared brake modification limits. If it doesn't say it can be done, it can't.

If you exceed the brake modification limits above, you would run E-Modified - P210
    88dp

--
    30 Dec 2000 10:43 AM
    Oh, one other thing.
    I think, when your refering to upper A-frames your talking about the front suspension A-arms.
    Looking at pages 102-104 in the solo rules, Changing them wouldn't be allowed for street prepared, which would bump you to E-modified
    88dp

--
    30 Dec 2000 11:02 AM
    OK....one more thing.

From P110 for Prepared category.
    As there is no listing for your truck under the prepared category until specifically classified by the SEB. You can't run any Nationalor Divisional level events. The progression up the modification scale tend to follow the same as the Camaro and Mustang so, I would, at a guess, if you showed up at one of our events and wanted to run prepared, put you in C-Prepared.

OK, I think I got it all?
    NBM LS1 M6

--
    30 Dec 2000 11:38 AM
    YIKES!!!

------------------
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Bob Hempy
    NBM 1998 Z28 M6
    PGM 1995 Z28 A4
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Barry Hunter

--
    30 Dec 2000 02:18 PM
    Thanks for the info
    Sounds like I better get used to running last if I would be placed in C prepared..Oh well at least I can listen to the cd and run the a/c while I'm getting my tail handed to me by race prepared vehicles..[talk about a tough way to start]
    Thank you again for the research and help...

Barry

------------------
    Trueblue R/T
    motor stuff
    suspension stuff
    Barry Hunter

--
    30 Dec 2000 02:28 PM
    One thing I forgot I thought I might fall into a street mod class thought that would be tough enough for me and my pickup.
    CamaroFS34
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    30 Dec 2000 04:16 PM
    Maybe you should ask about an SMT ("street mod truck") class in your region! SCCAForums Image Unfortunately, unless the truck is a four seater with a viscous limited slip (if it has a limited slip), it wouldn't be legal for "regular" SM, but depending on how many trucks typically show up at your events, you may be able to convince your club to start a specialty class. SCCAForums Image

Karen Kraus
    1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (FS34)

------------------
    "You never get away, you only get someplace else" -- Lovka's Dilemma
    Barry Hunter

--
    30 Dec 2000 04:42 PM
    It is a four seater alltho the back two seats are small they all have seat belts and shoulder harness [factory style]and factory limited slip [no locker or spool]...will that help....

Barry

------------------
    Trueblue R/T
    motor stuff
    suspension stuff
    Jan in Omaha

--
    30 Dec 2000 05:58 PM
    But you would fit right in with the CP crowd!! You can haul the kegs to the party after the event!! They would welcome you with open arms. Go find some slicks and have a blast!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barry Hunter:
    [b] Thanks for the info
    Sounds like I better get used to running last if I would be placed in C prepared..Oh well at least I can listen to the cd and run the a/c while I'm getting my tail handed to me by race prepared vehicles..[talk about a tough way to start]
    Thank you again for the research and help...

Barry

[/b]

------------------
    Whoomah! (tm)

Jan Gerber
    Omaha, NE

SCCAForums Image
    Anubis

--
    30 Dec 2000 06:53 PM
    *perk* did someone say keg? *goes on a beer hunt*

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C
    88dp

--
    01 Jan 2001 08:52 AM
    Well, as Karen had suggested, you might want to ask your regional people about a SMT class.

Per P262 Street Modified class is open to only sedans and coupes with four seats and four sets of seatbelts.
    Barry Hunter

--
    01 Jan 2001 10:15 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by 88dp:
    [b]Well, as Karen had suggested, you might want to ask your regional people about a SMT class.

Per P262 Street Modified class is open to only sedans and coupes with four seats and four sets of seatbelts.[/b]

Thanks we're going to try to get our local people to let us have a truck or SMT class so we can race each other, which is what we want to do anyway...

------------------
    Trueblue R/T
    motor stuff
    suspension stuff
    Davard
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 Jan 2001 01:16 PM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by CamaroFS34:
    [b]Maybe you should ask about an SMT ("street mod truck") class in your region! SCCAForums Image Unfortunately, unless the truck is a four seater with a viscous limited slip (if it has a limited slip), it wouldn't be legal for "regular" SM, but depending on how many trucks typically show up at your events, you may be able to convince your club to start a specialty class. SCCAForums Image

Karen Kraus
    1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (FS34)

[/b]

Karen must have SM confused with ST, as there is a LSD rule in STS, but SM is open. (I think Dennis wanted it that way so that he could run front/center/rear LSDs in his Talon. SCCAForums Image)

Locally, in SoCal, we have a Sport Truck class (now just called Truck, since the advent of Street Touring). It's pretty wide open - if it's a truck or SUV, it can race here. A sample of vehicles - Nissan FSP pickup, VW pickup, 2WD Ford Bronco II, Dodge Dakota Club Cab (131 in. WB!), and a Dakota R/T Reg. Cab.

------------------
    David Avard
    '90 Mazda Protege LX
    Flagger X

--
    03 Jan 2001 02:36 PM
    I've been wondering about that, because I'm thinking of autocrossing my '96 S-10 with a 2.2 four banger. Steel wheels. Why? Because I have the payment book! But it does appear that I'll be tossed into the same class with cars of similar horsepower, but a half ton less weight and a foot lower Cg.

Oh, well, it does carry my tools to work!
    Crazyquik

--
    03 Jan 2001 03:04 PM
    If you've got any buddies with Typhoons, Syclones, Lightnings, or just modded trucks ya'll should try going together, that way there would be enough to justify a class.

------------------
    [b] Quik's Silver [/b]
    1998 Camaro Z28 1LE A4
    [url="http://http:www.geocities.com/crazyquik/LightningQuik.html"]I Lost 246 lbs On This Plan!!![/URL]
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner