You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ZOK
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
24 Sep 2009 03:22 PM

Hello all,

Sad to say I will be missing my first Runoffs race in my 10 or so years of Runoffs competition. Yesterday in Q2 something on the car "popped" and I ended up rolling three times entering T1.....I'm at 125mph or so at end of that straight. Thankfully it was in gravel, not against a wall and all safety equipment held up admirably. We're not sure what happened beyond a flat RF tire (cause or effect?) and lots of ps fluid all over the place. I'm fine....the car not so much.

Stan C

Richard Dziak

--
    24 Sep 2009 08:09 PM

Stan:

Glad you are ok.....that's the most important. Car is secondary. Hopefully you stay to enjoy the races, then have a safe trip back to New Mexico.

Your efforts representing the Pan Am are greatly appreciated, and we wish the results could have been better. Just glad to hear that you are safe, with no injuries.

With racing one nevers know what may happen even at this level............ it is a very serious sport.

Look at the positives for the year in 2009.

You had a great year.

ZOK
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Sep 2009 05:34 AM

Thanks Richard, and yes we are staying thru Sunday.......this is also vacation & social life for me! The RA course has "eaten" many cars at this event....it is extremely fast and very unforgiving. The big bore (fastest) cars seem to get bitten worse, I suppose because of their speed.

My in car video, which we reviewed yesterday, showed a quick snap to the right at rear of my car as I enter and brake for RH T1, followed by a snap to left as I correct for the RF flat tire (the pop I heard right before the incident?). When the LR tire catches the gravel at edge of course, the car starts it's three rolls on the drivers side......thanks to 1 year old Simpson helmet/HANS, FIA belts (new) & FIA seat, I'm merely bruised and sore.....the helmet and car look like they have been to Iraq!!

It's a shame since that session Wed. produced my three fastest consecutive laps as well as my fastest single lap just before the incident.......and many SSB cars went faster Thursday. Being the optimist that I am, I figure I would have gone faster too.......guys I beat during the regular season are 6th on grid (of course with much more experience at RA than myself).

Thanks again for the great PanAm support throughout this season!

SonLight

--
    05 Oct 2009 11:39 AM
    I'm sure we all at Pan Am ditto Richard's sentiments in saying we're glad you are OK. By now I'm sure you are home rested, recovered and reassessing to see what the future has instore for you. We are proud of your achievements as an ambassador for Pan Am Region. Good luck and God's blessings.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner