ITA RX-7 Questions
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Projectr13b

--
23 Nov 2011 02:23 PM

I'm just getting into racing and ITA seems like a solid class to shoot for. I'm slowly putting my car together and just want to make sure I'm doing it right so I have a few questions.

1.) Removal of items under the hood. My car came with A/C and a lot more vacuum hoses than I've left on it. Will removing any of these cause me any issues?

2.) Intake options. I've seen cars that had the carb swapped, but the regulations I read said there can be no modifications to the stock engine configuration. Is that in relation to displacement and porting? Am I allowed to replace the stock carb and fuel delivery to make a bit more power, or is it only intake ducting I can change to try to get a bit more air in the stock configuration?

3.) Safety. More importantly seats. do Seats have to be FIA approved, or can I use something that is still stout but not FIA tested and approved? Also is there a regulation on harnesses? I've got a 4-point someplace, but should I be looking for a 5 or 6 point harness to run with.

4.) Brakes. I understand I can basically only change the brake pads, and have to keep the stock calipers and rotors. Can I switch to braided brake cables, or will that be a violation?

5.) Drivetrain. Can I replace the clutch, flywheel and shifter, or does this all need to remain to the stock specifications. With only running a 12a engine, I won't have a problem changing out engines and trannys when I need too, but should I invest in a lightweight flywheel and a better clutch, or will the OEM stuff do the trick? Also, my car came with an LSD stock, can I upgrade this, or do I need to leave it alone?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

tstiles

--
    29 Nov 2011 06:58 PM

You might want to post this over @ ImprovedTouring.com

You should also check out the GCR @ the SCCA site.

1. Leaving stuff on is rarely a problem , AC removal is OK

2. Intake is generally open as long as it stays in the engine compartment

3. Safety : GCR is specific , but generally you can run an aluminum seat with back brace. You'll need a 5 or 6 point within the time restraints

4. Braided brake lines OK

5. Clutch change OK , Stock Flywheel , Stock Shifter , any LSD that fits in the stock housing OK , any R&P OK , no engine / tranny swaps unless you want to build for STL/U

Good Luck

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner