Steeda 5 Link in ESP
 11 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
boss002

--
26 Nov 2011 02:43 PM

Well Steeda is running a black friday special with 20% off their products so I am looking at getting the steeda 5link original and the recommended springs with it also for my 02 Mustang in ESP. I have H&R Super sport springs now with bilstein hd's and stock sways and looking to make my car competitive in ESP, but still be able to drive it on the road

I was wondering if their is anyone on the forums with a mustang running the 5 link setup, and if so what springs rates and supporting mods you have done. I know the recommend rears are 350 # but the fronts i'm unsure, but I think I am looking between 850-1000# for the front. Any information will help, i'm pulling the trigger within the next two days or not at all

SVT199
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    29 Nov 2011 05:26 PM
    You should ask Marcus Meridith, I know that he ran a "modified version" of the Steeda setup in order to make it ESP legal. I don't believe the entire system is.
    SCCAForums Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    29 Nov 2011 05:28 PM
    I ran it as well... I believe there is something different you have to do to make it legal... but all in all 95% of it is fine... and is definitely worth doing!
    Dave
    boss002

--
    29 Nov 2011 08:06 PM
    SCCAForums Staff wrote:
    I ran it as well... I believe there is something different you have to do to make it legal... but all in all 95% of it is fine... and is definitely worth doing!
    Dave

since you ran it, any supporting mods to it other than spring change? and what is this modification you need to do? everyone has just told me that its legal? hopefully Marcus will weight in if he's on the forum

SVT199
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Dec 2011 03:54 PM
    Kit use to come with lower control arms, but has since been changed so yes you're right it all should be legal now.
    boss002

--
    01 Dec 2011 04:38 PM

ohhh ok good, yes I unpurposely didn't order any LCA because of the rules of course, but will be upgrading the bushing on my factory arms in the future

SCCAForums Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Dec 2011 05:14 PM
    Yup... that's what it was... I still ran stock lower arms and attachment points. I believe I ran the standard 350 springs that came with kit (possibly went with 300?) I literally ran 'most' of the Steeda pkg, including standard Frt & Rear rates... If Frank is still there... ask for him.. .and him to look up what rates I ran front & rear. I also used there 35mm (I believe) front bar.

Peace,
    Dave
    boss002

--
    01 Dec 2011 07:03 PM

I have the 350lbs for the rear and I believe the 850-1000lbs up front, and some poly spring isolators just because.I am looking into upgrading to the 35mm front bar in the future with poly endlinks hopefully this year

SCCAForums Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Dec 2011 10:10 PM
    35MM bar is a must. I believe I ran 1000 lb front? But can't be sure.
    Dave
    boss002

--
    01 Dec 2011 11:09 PM

Really a must? now I've heard the main reason to have the front sway upgrade is to help keep camber from changing and so on with the crap suspension on the front of these stangs..... the lesson i've been told is, alot of caster, alot of camber, alot of spring, alot of front sway and your good; dont forget huge hoosiers

01 FS Z28
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Dec 2011 02:09 PM
    If you need any help with Steeda parts (and other stuff) and setup... I know a guy. :)

That'd be me. I'm a Steeda W/D, I know the cars well... and something about ESP too.

Sam Strano
    814-849-3450
    boss002

--
    02 Dec 2011 03:03 PM
    01 FS Z28 wrote:
    If you need any help with Steeda parts (and other stuff) and setup... I know a guy. :)

That'd be me. I'm a Steeda W/D, I know the cars well... and something about ESP too.

Sam Strano
    814-849-3450

Sam, any help and or advice from you would be much appreciated! I'm still very new to this whole auto x thing and well suspensions in general. Sent you a message through here, I guess i'll see if that is a good starting point

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner