rule Clarification
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Chris

--
01 Jan 2001 04:16 PM
    17.1.7.D.9.a.3. [b]"...Cages shall incorporate a horizontal bar running under or within the dash area connecting the forward downtubes..."[/b]

Ok I wanted to clarify that the horizontal bar connecting the two front downtubes is part of the "[b]front hoop[/b]" that is refered to by other rules in the GCR.
    Is this correct?
    -Chris
    Ken Grammer

--
    02 Jan 2001 09:38 PM
    I believe the front hoop is technically the loop of roll cage that goes from the driver's left side floorboard, up the left A-pilar, across the top of the windshield, down the right A-pilar and down to the right floowboard. The dash bar simply connects to the front hoop. My interpretation is that the dash bar IS NOT part of the front hoop.

The diagrams in the GCR on pages 150 and 151 sort of illustrate this though it would be nice if the GCR's glossary contained a precise definition.

As with any technical advise you receive from non-official sources like me, I always suggest that you seek the official word by contacting Sven Pruit at the National office at 1-800-770-2055.

------------------
    Ken Grammer
    R.E. Alabama Region
    SEDiv AS Camaro #61
    Starter/F&C Worker
    Chris

--
    03 Jan 2001 02:49 PM
    Thank you for the opinion Ken. I will check back to this forum to see others opinions. I will be calling the National office for other things later this week and will try to speak with Sven. Thank you again.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner