137 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 712345 > >>
Author Messages
JR125

--
13 Dec 2011 12:43 PM

Ok....now that the Civic is gone.....STX will be every intrested next year, since there are not much people has build/setup the car to the max...next year will be a builder class for STX.

What would be your pick in STX?

RX-8? WRX? E36 325IS? E36 328IS? E30 M3? other?

StreetTireStock

--
    13 Dec 2011 01:01 PM
    2008 WRX.
    Robert Puertas
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    13 Dec 2011 01:18 PM
    I would wait until the new Toyota/Subaru thingy is classed before making that decision...
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    13 Dec 2011 01:24 PM
    JR125 wrote:

Ok....now that the Civic is gone.....STX will be every intrested next year, since there are not much people has build/setup the car to the max...next year will be a builder class for STX.

Last year was the only year the Civics heavily populated STX. It's not like their exclusion a year later is going to throw the class in to chaos. There are plenty of well built STX cars out there. Given STX has been one of the more balanced classes in years past, I would say it would most likely be course dependent among the cars listed unless the new WRX disrupts things too much. I know I would love to be in an e30 M3 though (I happened to see one of these rare cars a couple hours ago.)

IntrigueGX
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    13 Dec 2011 01:32 PM
    E36 328i (not 328is).

I mainly wonder about the lighter cars. Maybe a 1991 318i? It almost seems disconnected from the rest of the class as far as specifications, but it is not far off from a Civic/Miata. It could probably utilize those special Toyos.

How many people are going to prep new cars for STX this year instead of taking advantage of the new allowances in stock?
    Andy Hollis

--
    13 Dec 2011 01:33 PM
    Robert Puertas wrote:
    I would wait until the new Toyota/Subaru thingy is classed before making that decision...

Assuming it is delivered soon enough to run this year.

John V
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    13 Dec 2011 03:18 PM
    JR125 wrote:

Can you post this again in English please?

Tigermack
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Dec 2011 03:41 PM
    MS3.
    MNbiker
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    13 Dec 2011 06:38 PM
    2.5L WRX.
    Sebastian R.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Dec 2011 07:11 PM
    2006 WRX TR. I already have the formula and most of the parts, just need the car.
    Impala SS AutoXer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Dec 2011 07:14 PM
    StreetTireStock wrote:
    2008 WRX.

This ^^^ . 2006 TR as second choice.

uwmeche

--
    13 Dec 2011 08:17 PM
    The one I already have, 06 WRX (TR).

Sebastian: Wanna share that formula?
    Chiketkd

--
    14 Dec 2011 12:03 AM
    I think the BMW's have the edge, but the RX-8 and 2.5L WRXs could definitely get it done. Should be a great class.
    Aaron B
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Dec 2011 08:54 AM

Any one of the cars listed. And that's why STX is awesome. :)

Sebastian R.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Dec 2011 02:29 PM
    uwmeche wrote:

Formula = Massive static front camber and caster, high spring rates, aggressive rear toe. Actually, I think development has stagnated a bit. There are a few new things I would try, the first would be high spring rates, and no anti-sway bars. I would also replace the rear differential with a new (or gently used) factory rear VLSD at least once a year (for Nats).

uwmeche

--
    14 Dec 2011 04:06 PM
    Sebastian R. wrote:
    uwmeche wrote:

Formula = Massive static front camber and caster, high spring rates, aggressive rear toe. Actually, I think development has stagnated a bit. There are a few new things I would try, the first would be high spring rates, and no anti-sway bars. I would also replace the rear differential with a new (or gently used) factory rear VLSD at least once a year (for Nats).

Sounds similar to what the ESP wrxes are doing with springs/sways. I'll definitely be watching what the national level folks do.

walk

--
    14 Dec 2011 06:13 PM
    murphyslaww

--
    14 Dec 2011 06:30 PM

2008 WRX...

Just a start, and considering it's me driving, it's probably promising for the car. It was a short course, slightly wet, so nothing to get excited about yet, but I'm enthused.

Paxed as STX, I would have been a half second off of Ricky in his CR(who is pretty damn fast)

It's on Eibach Multipro R2 doubles(Thanks streettirestock), 17x8 Rota's(245/40 star specs), 25mm front, 22 mm rear bar, muffler delete, and Odyssey batt.

Still have camber plates, down pipe and ST tune, seats, and a few bushing replacements to get done. Ohh, and a whole lot of driver improvement.

I made a few minor changes prior to this race that seemed to add up to quite a bit of improvement, (new tires, 17x8's from 17x7.5's, battery, lowering it down to 13.75 inch ride height.) and moved from a mid pack pax car to a near the top car. I don't think my driving improved that much from one event to the next, but I was trying to Channel a lot of John Hale, who co-drove with me the previous event(at this site) in this car.

StreetTireStock

--
    14 Dec 2011 07:28 PM
    Sebastian R. wrote:
    uwmeche wrote:

Funny, that's exactly the opposite setup I had on my '02 WRX. But I would have definitely replaced the rear VLSD, as I remember recommending to a Sebastian 6 or 7 years ago ;)

Sebastian R.
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Dec 2011 02:59 PM
    StreetTireStock wrote:

Funny, that's exactly the opposite setup I had on my '02 WRX. But I would have definitely replaced the rear VLSD, as I remember recommending to a Sebastian 6 or 7 years ago ;)

Exactly the opposite really? So you had no camber, no rear toe and soft springs on your STX car in '10? And yes, after changing the rear diff in my WRX handling was dramatically improved, too bad the trans died for the second time not long afterwards.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 712345 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner