You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
02 Oct 2009 10:08 AM
    hoping to read your region's October newsletter...any chance it will be posted soon?
    OneEyeMedia

--
    02 Oct 2009 11:25 AM

Yeah, I was going to post this same thing Ron. I know I am not a member, but maybe I would like to lend a hand...

Fort Wayne has not had a news letter for all of September, and here is no news for October I guess...

Maybe there is nothing to report...hence no new newsletters published...

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    02 Oct 2009 11:50 AM
    We'd like to come up for the last Solo on the 18th, but will depend on whether Brenda has a new job by then.
    OneEyeMedia

--
    02 Oct 2009 03:45 PM

That is cool...I heard there is an event at Grissom or is it Tire Rack? Some people were going to that.

Goos luck to Brenda and the acceptance in the new job!

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    03 Oct 2009 07:28 PM

Tirerack is always fun...I'm a little tired of running at Grissom. Too bad the region doesn't go to Converse any more, and patch concrete. I always had a good time at Converse. It is really getting over grown. If anyone wins the lottery tonight that is into autocrossing or road racing...They should buy Converse, pave it, and make it a multi-venue motorsports facility.

OneEyeMedia

--
    04 Oct 2009 07:03 AM

Yeah - that would be neat.

You get some time to check out Todd and Steve RPM Rally sometime, try to. What a neat time this is. They have an exciting course setup and the RS they bought is pretty nice too.

and they did not win the lottery :o)

So, Ron, it looks like we are talking to ourselves here and know one reasponsible for the newsletter is going to answer.

So, are you doing anything new to the civic next year?

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Oct 2009 03:19 PM

All depends on Brenda's job situation. Money is tight right now. I talked with Michael Leveque about how to improve my Civic, and if I get some extra spending money before next season, we will try to make some improvements. I want to get more adjustment in the car. Right now the car handles great on asphalt, but really pushes bad on grippy concrete. I also need to shed some weight in the car, and driver, roll the fenders, and get more tire under the car.

This season, I knew with the new job situation I couldn't go to Nationals, so I just ran last years tires, and made no improvements to the car. Not much fun if you can't be competitive (at least for me, because I enjoy "being in the hunt"). I stopped going to events this season when the "fun" element left. I would like to get one last event in, that is why I'm thinking of the Oct 18th event at Kruse. It would be another chance to see the new grandson too. I will miss the Oct 24 event for Indy because I am riding the Hilly Hundred.

This forum does seem like a loney place lately. I haven't seen much change in the Fort Wayne region website since I stopped doing it (August 2007). I offered my help, but no body seems to want it. I think most in the region were glad to see us go as I liked to "stir the pot". Regions need to remember that it is a volunteer club, and should encourage more cooperation, and be a little more forward thinking in their ways. Follow though is also important.

I enjoyed your newsletters when you were doing them.

CSP137

--
    04 Oct 2009 05:30 PM
    I think many in the club would like your help on the website. Then there are others who have other ideas. I alwasy thought you did a great job at the website. Probably could have done a lot more if you had a more modern program to work with.
    RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Oct 2009 05:54 PM

My main problem was I wanted to redesign the website, but since I was PR Director, Timing Chief, PreRegistration Chief, as well as webmaster, my hours were limited. I was more concerned with content, getting results, schedule links, and photos posted. If that had been my only volunteer duty, it would have been reworked long ago. Nothing other that the home page has really been altered since August 2007. The club was paying someone to redo the website, but the site never materialized...big surprise. Seems like there is always more discussion, than actually following through on a task.

Volunteers seem to be harder to find these days. So Steve M. how about running for R.E.?

OneEyeMedia

--
    04 Oct 2009 06:17 PM

Thanks Ron for the compliment on the news letters.

"Volunteers seem to be harder to find these days"

Rephrased:

Volunteers seem to be pushed away these days...

As for the website, the guy doing it is at least changing the front page. I do not think he is to do anymore than that.

"So Steve M. how about running for R.E.?"

Hummm... Steve, you would make a great R.E. - But I bet your plate is pretty full now already huh? I would vote for ya, but I am not a member. I guess if you were to run, I would get a family membership, so Betty, Ryan, Myself, my dog, my fish, and maybe I will get a few other animals to cast a vote to, because we all are a family here in the house :P

SpeedTeacher

--
    04 Oct 2009 08:50 PM

Trust me... Steve M. will be way too busy to be RE. :)

Hey Ron, were are definitely missed. You always took on more than your share as far as volunteer work. I think the last event at Kruse had 35 people there. That's a bummer. Things have really changed. Its a shame. You definitely need to grab Eric and come check out our rallycross course. Its a blast! I'm sure you would be a natural...

Todd J.

VerizonGuy

--
    04 Oct 2009 09:08 PM

Hey Ron, what's up?

I wouldn't say volunteers have been pushed away, after all I have stepped up to the plate. Nobody has told me no or to get lost. In fact I have been welcome at all of the events and meetings I have gone too.

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    05 Oct 2009 04:58 AM

Your rally thing sounds fun...what do you charge? I used to work Finish Control at ProRallies, and laid out a lot of road rallies, so I have plenty of "off-road/gravel/sand" trail experience. That's too bad you only had 35 at the last Kruse event. We used to draw 80 to 130 cars at our events. Hoping some folks in your region step forward for positive change. Jerry Strope would also make a good candidate for SCCA office. It's October so now is the time to come up with a slate.

With the October 17 Great Lakes Banquet in Auburn, someone should be promoting to those folks to get them to Sunday's autocross since they are only 30 seconds away at the WWII museum. No reason you couldn't have an 80 car field there on the 18th.

OneEyeMedia

--
    05 Oct 2009 07:49 AM
    VerizonGuy wrote:

Hey Ron, what's up?

I wouldn't say volunteers have been pushed away, after all I have stepped up to the plate (and we thank you for this - many others have in the past). Nobody has told me no or to get lost. In fact I have been welcome at all of the events and meetings I have gone too.

Well, Sir - you are still wet behind the ears with the region...Give it time...

Ron, you make valid points - but there really has not been much promotion for events until last minute. But I think Verizon Guy is the new FWR PR person, so let us hope he can turn this around for next year. Let us hope...

The only way they are going to get people coming to events is to plan ahead and market it ahead. You cannot wait until Jan/Feb time frame to put a schedule together and expect to find sites to fund your year. This all has to be done way before the first event. People will tell you that autocrossers do not travel, and that not many people read our forums, but this is entirely wrong and an untrue statement. Like the Coliseums event. There is no reason FWR could not hold 2 or 3 Coliseum events in the year, but a lot of HARDCORE past members have been pushed away (Verizon Guy) and right now they cannot, this is a perfect venue for making money for the club. Hotels are close, eating place are close, lots of room for course, grid, tech, vendor row, etc...But it is never utilized to it fullest due to the unrealistic club politics and the thoughts of wanted solo to fail. But hey, these are only my opinions and things that should be brought up all the time in monthly meeting. But if you read the minutes, it all about "was not here", or "have nothing to report", instead it should be things reporting how solo is the only thing supporting FWR right now and how the heck are we looking to get this turned around. IDEAS, Motivation and criticism should always be welcome... HOW THE HECK ARE YOU GOING TO GROW IF YOU DO TAKE THESE INTO ATTENTION???

So, kind of went into a rant...but when someone thinks people have not been pushed out of the club...this really gets me pissed off. It is an illusion of the best power hungry people I have seen in a local club, where they really cannot see past their own ego and to let some HARDCORE people make something great with the club. I am sure after I have posted this, some will think I am an ass, this is fine. Some with this attitude are the ones I am probably calling out. The only thing right now selling FWR is the website. 90% of it is outdated information and wrong. Hell, on one page it reads Chris Krumnow is editor, then go to solo and it reads I am...Go to Rally and there is still the same information from Ron did the site...heck, I am just a cry baby aren’t I??? Well, when a new person sees this, you gotta wonder what is going through their mind. I bet they feel like not wasting a Sunday to come out and see what is up, if the information is 4-5 years old...

These are things that are very easy to do...Things that in a day could be fixed. Hell, I have not seen an update solo photo on the website since Ron did it last.

In closing...

It would be cool to see some fresh blood do something with the club, and who knows...maybe this will happen. I would doubt it, you never know when pigs start flying, and the ego-power hungry elite will be in dust...

Respectfully,

Jason

sts38
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Oct 2009 08:43 AM

I'd like to post another vote for Steve M for R.E. I think this would change things around Fort Wayne for the better. He's been all over the country and is still an "active" member. I see him at events regularly (including Nationals). I think that right there would speak VERY loudly for a board member. Our solo program could be a serious money maker for the club. Having 100+ participants at an AutoX should be a common site. The Coliseum could easily host a Divisional or a National event. If Steve M was driving the ship, I'd glady step up and help make that possible, because I know he wouldn't hold us back and he'd help bring great things to FWR.

Who's with me????

OneEyeMedia

--
    05 Oct 2009 09:08 AM
    sts38 wrote:

I'd like to post another vote for Steve M for R.E. I think this would change things around Fort Wayne for the better. He's been all over the country and is still an "active" member. I see him at events regularly (including Nationals). I think that right there would speak VERY loudly for a board member. Our solo program could be a serious money maker for the club. Having 100+ participants at an AutoX should be a common site. The Coliseum could easily host a Divisional or a National event. If Steve M was driving the ship, I'd glady step up and help make that possible, because I know he wouldn't hold us back and he'd help bring great things to FWR.

Who's with me????

I am with you 100% on this!

I would also back Jerry Strope if he was running things as well.

"He's been all over the country and is still an "active" member. I see him at events regularly (including Nationals). I think that right there would speak VERY loudly for a board member."

Travis, this speaks volumes. Getting out for events like these is important.

I am kind of bummed now. After posting this I will probably not be invited to an cookie cook offs and have now been official removed from the xmas card list....OH SNAP!!!

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    05 Oct 2009 10:40 AM

We'll bake cookies for you guys...not a problem. There's a Christmas Card list? Dang...I missed that one! We'll make our own Christmas Card list. So maybe we have a slate shaping up? Travis, there's plenty of spots...how about Director at Large? All you do is show up at meetings, express your opinion, and vote on issues. Ron Gallmeyer is a great Treasurer, and would never want to replace that position unless he didn't want to do it. I think Ron is also the club Historian, and keeps a library of newsletters. Rick Whittaker would make a great Rally Director if he was up to it...so would anyone involved with Rallycross. I know the company he works for is not in good shape (Brenda used to work there, and still talks to the owners).

With the Coliseum site, you could bid for a National Tour, and a Divisional with the right people in place. Those events would not be that difficult to host. The club could also put on a successful race again, but it would require building up a core group of workers again, and you would have to find a way to promote it well. Mid-Ohio was the best place for the race as far as draw, but got to the point where it was no longer affordable.

sts38
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Oct 2009 10:41 AM
    OneEyeMedia wrote:
    sts38 wrote:

Who's with me????

I am with you 100% on this!

I would also back Jerry Strope if he was running things as well.

"He's been all over the country and is still an "active" member. I see him at events regularly (including Nationals). I think that right there would speak VERY loudly for a board member."

Travis, this speaks volumes. Getting out for events like these is important.

I am kind of bummed now. After posting this I will probably not be invited to an cookie cook offs and have now been official removed from the xmas card list....OH SNAP!!!

+1 on Stroupe

OneEyeMedia

--
    05 Oct 2009 03:41 PM

Ron, once again - awesome and very true points. I am amazed how this is something that is not tackled in this region. I bet a lot of clubs would love to have the space the Coliseum offers. I would also bet, if marketed right - it will be a money bringing venue.

Oh yea, was looking at the website and noticed on the contacts page, that you are the webmaster still, so you are to blame for the lameness huh? LMAO....just poking fun here, sorry!

Travis, yea, Strope is as worthy for sure. The guy is a HARDCORE member for sure! And he is able to take criticism, that helps when you are a leader.

Ron, the xmas list, i made that up - lol!

SpeedTeacher

--
    05 Oct 2009 10:44 PM
    sts38 wrote:

Who's with me????

I vote 'NO'. Steve is going to be very busy with his new venture and it would be hard to have a leadership role in both. That is too bad though because RPM was originally designed to supplement the FW SCCA. Unfortunately that plan was vetoed by the current leadership.

TJ

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner