E30 manifold&interior classification
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DasE30

--
10 Feb 2012 11:03 AM

Ive been running in ST for a few years and am now considering a build for DSP. I would like to use Dbilas Dynamics' ITB's (Dbilas) per this rule:

15.10 ENGINE AND DRIVE TRAIN

C. Induction allowances are as follows:

1. Carburetors, fuel injection, and intake manifolds are unrestricted, subject to 15.10.D. Alternate throttle linkage and connections to
    facilitate installation of allowed induction systems are permitted, but may serve no other purpose. If an induction system item is allowed
    to be removed and its original mounting bracket can be removed by simply unbolting it, the bracket may be removed as well.

15.10.D. sais "D. Traction and/or stability control systems, as defined in 12.12, must
    be standard parts at standard settings, or electronically disabled."

There's not even a mention of throttle bodies in the engine and drive train section. Are ITB's safe to run?

Also Vink Motorsports over in the Netherlands offers carbon interior door panels and a dash, im not finding anything saying i cant slap em on (I'd also like to put in aftermarket gauges).

Thanks for any help. 2012 February Solo Rules.

MattP
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Feb 2012 11:19 AM
    Yes, intake manifolds are open in SP. ITB's are totally OK.

There's nothing that says you CAN slap the carbon door panels and dash on. That is how the allowances in the solo rules work. If it does not say you can, you cannot.

Gauges are open, do whatever you want there.
    DasE30

--
    10 Feb 2012 11:29 AM
    Ah, thanks for your input.
    cdres

--
    11 Feb 2012 01:15 PM
    ITBs are OK is SP... as said, the rules need to say you can in order to add things. Good luck with the ITBs. I am working on something along these lines as well. Good to see someone jumping in to DSP (as a lot seem to be leaving)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner