New to the game - where to start?
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Barksdale

--
12 Feb 2012 07:42 AM

I'm interested in the AutoX events held at the Meadowlands since I'm about 10 minutes away. Still reading up on all the info but its a little confusing with all the different event types and clubs so I'm not sure where to begin. Forgive the basic questions but if anyone can clear things up it will be appreciated.

1. Are these events competition related or can you do it just for fun?
    2. Which club do I need to join or do I need to join any at all?
    3. Is there a new driver or novice session I need to attend before signing up for any events?
    4. Any limitations to the car you use?
    5. Checklist for tech inspection?

I'm thinking of setting up my 68 Camaro to use for this. Right now I just use it for street cruising but think I will be revamping it to be in these events.

Thanks in advance for any advice/info.

autox4u

--
    12 Feb 2012 01:34 PM
    Hey, to answer you #1 question, we are all there to have fun, which everybody does, and there is some good competition also to be had in some classes. Since you are just starting out, you will have plenty of good times with your car and talking with others around.

#2 - Join the SCCA (my member# as a referral 204971 Perry Aidelbaum)
    #3 - We will have a Novice school on April 7th. Registration will open for that on March3rd. It is not required to take this, but you if you want to not start off with bad habits, then the school is a great place to start. We also offer instructors at all our regular events.
    #4 - The car must meet SCCA rules, if you give me an description of the car you plan on running I can help you class it.
    #5 - Your car will go through a tech inspection before each event. Basic checks are, Battery secure, no loose wheel bearings, brake check, throttle return, all loose items removed and an under hood check.

Hope this helps..

Any further question let me know.

Perry
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner