Jonathan Cohen(Solo Chair), Bryan Jesia(Chief of Equipment), Vasken Choulbaralian(Chief of Novice), Adam Gershowitz, Joe Ottofaro, Paul Vinas
Following is not in actual chronological order of discussion:
Review of and discussion of the running 2011 season events and any changes to the chronology of this season's event. Changes will be onsite registration closing at 8:30 instead of 8:35. Tech will open at 8:30 instead of 8AM. Both of these measures will allow 1/2 hr shifts for workers preparing the for the day and more time for those workers to prepare themselves in the morning. 2 Novice driver walks will start 8:45 and 9:10. Novices will be reminded at registration to attend a Novice Drivers walk. A more in depth walk that includes how a NYR event runs and course worker responsibilities will lead to shorter Drivers Meetings and earlier First Car Offs.
Survey results were then reviewed. ~380 were sent in the email from MSR. Just over 80 were returned.
Summaries of the questions:
1. How many NYR autoXs did u attend in '11: No major biasing. 20% did not attend any, 25% 1 or 2, 25% 3 or 4, and the remainder attended more.
2. How many SCCA autoXs not held by NYR did you attend: 50% were none, 30% 1 or 2, 15 % 10+.
3. How many non-SCCA autoXs did you attend: 25% none, 25% 1 or 2, 25% 3-5.
4. SCCA membership: 70% yes
5. Did you enjoy your day(scale of 1-6, No to Like): 10% not pleased, 65% Very pleased.
6. What would you do fill in responses: reviewed.
7. What did you like about NYR autoXs: 50% said the course. Big congrats to Randy Petschauer, our Chief of Course. 0% said trophies. 20% competition.
8. Stock class on street tires: 60% yes, 33% don't care/NA
9.Other types of events to be held by the region: RallyX 70% favored; HPDE 95% favored; Time Trials 80% favored; Road Rally 75% favored; Socials 60% favored
10. Solo Town Hall attendance: 16 would attend
1) Attendance at Poughkeepsie Sports Car Club (NYR Chapter) Solo Event will count as 1pt in the corresponding NYR class per event. PASSED
2) TriState Championship will count as an NYR event if hosted by another club. PASSED
3) Volunteering for an SCCA event(sanctioned, social, conference, Street Survival,etc) will be worth 1pt to the competitors class of choice. chairing such an event will be worth 2pts. PASSED
4) A Road Tire Class will be offered for cars if stock preparation levels on tires of treadwear >=140. PASSED
5) Street Prepared and Street Modified will be split due to increased participation. PASSED
6) Street Modified, Prepared, and Modified will be a single indexed class. PASSED
7) Heats will run as an assigned grid. Grid sheets will be posted before the Drivers Meeting. PASSED
8) Novice Driver walks will include the introduction of how a NYR autoX runs. PASSED
9) Run order will be based on online registration. Walk up registrants will be placed in heats on as needed basis. PASSED
10) Half day autoX will be offered on as option on an event by event basis with Program or event Chairman approval. Full day price will apply. Entrant must notify before the day of the event. PM half day will only be open to experienced autoXers. PM regsitration will be open 11:30am-12. PASSED
11) Event discount for Chiefs? PASSED
12) Season discount price? PASSED. The price of 8 events for all 9 of the season.
13) Solo Board meetings? PASSED
14) Updated noise regs: All cars must be muffled. A run with 93dB at 50' will be a warning. 95dB will be a need for corrective action. 97dB or greater for the 1st time will be a Corrective Action. A 2nd run with 97dB or great will be a DNF. A 3rd run with 97dB or greater will disqualify the competitor from the event. PASSED
edit: 15) In order to maximize the number of runs for the day, any entrant delaying the event beyond a reasonable time frame may have a run deducted from day. Delaying the event is considered to be not reporting for a work assignment or to Grid in a reasonable time The run will be eliminated as the driver will be skipped over in Grid for that single run. PASSED
Solo Chief Nominations:
Solo Chairman: Jonathan Cohen (returning)
Chief of Equipment: Bryan Jesia (returning)
Chief of Tech: Dan Griffin (returning)
Chief of Course: Randy Petschauer (returning)
Chief of Novices: Vasken Choulbaralian
Chief of Workers: Adam Gerschowitz
Chief of Safety; Bryan Jesia
Chief of Registration Michele Gershowitz (nominated)
Chief of Waiver: VACANT
Cheif of Timing & Scoring: VACANT
Auction of event chairmanships:
April 22nd: Vacant
May 6th: Vacant
June 16th: Vasken CHoulbaralian
July 22nd: Vacant
August 19th: Vacant
September: Adam Gershowitz
October 27th & 28th: Vacant
Some Chief position and event chairs are still open