Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
NYR Solo
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Feb 2012 09:28 PM

The annual Solo Townhall meeting will be held on Sunday March 11, 2012 at 5PM at the Peter Pan Diner in Bay Shore, NY. It is located on the north service rd of Sunrise Highway at Bay Shore Rd..

The meeting is open to all who wish to attend. Just rsvp with me so sufficient seating is provided.

New rules proposals, open forum, general operating procedures, votes, Cheif selection, and auction of events will take place.

Paul V

--
    16 Feb 2012 06:05 PM
    I plan to be there. Sign me up.
    02semiata
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Feb 2012 09:14 AM
    Sounds fun. I am in
    fourortwowheels
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Feb 2012 11:17 PM
    In there like swimwear! Right after Tobay, Im heading right over!
    JnJNY

--
    21 Feb 2012 03:20 PM
    I'll be there... A bit of a trip, but I'll be there... ;)
    NYR Solo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Mar 2012 06:30 PM
    Bump. Those attending who ahve not rsvp'd please do so that adequate seating at the table can be provided.
    Paul V

--
    10 Mar 2012 07:12 AM
    Table for five?
    NYR Solo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Mar 2012 12:53 AM
    Meeting Summary:
    In attendance:
    Jonathan Cohen(Solo Chair), Bryan Jesia(Chief of Equipment), Vasken Choulbaralian(Chief of Novice), Adam Gershowitz, Joe Ottofaro, Paul Vinas

Following is not in actual chronological order of discussion:
    Review of and discussion of the running 2011 season events and any changes to the chronology of this season's event. Changes will be onsite registration closing at 8:30 instead of 8:35. Tech will open at 8:30 instead of 8AM. Both of these measures will allow 1/2 hr shifts for workers preparing the for the day and more time for those workers to prepare themselves in the morning. 2 Novice driver walks will start 8:45 and 9:10. Novices will be reminded at registration to attend a Novice Drivers walk. A more in depth walk that includes how a NYR event runs and course worker responsibilities will lead to shorter Drivers Meetings and earlier First Car Offs.

Survey results were then reviewed. ~380 were sent in the email from MSR. Just over 80 were returned.
    Summaries of the questions:
    1. How many NYR autoXs did u attend in '11: No major biasing. 20% did not attend any, 25% 1 or 2, 25% 3 or 4, and the remainder attended more.
    2. How many SCCA autoXs not held by NYR did you attend: 50% were none, 30% 1 or 2, 15 % 10+.
    3. How many non-SCCA autoXs did you attend: 25% none, 25% 1 or 2, 25% 3-5.
    4. SCCA membership: 70% yes
    5. Did you enjoy your day(scale of 1-6, No to Like): 10% not pleased, 65% Very pleased.
    6. What would you do fill in responses: reviewed.
    7. What did you like about NYR autoXs: 50% said the course. Big congrats to Randy Petschauer, our Chief of Course. 0% said trophies. 20% competition.
    8. Stock class on street tires: 60% yes, 33% don't care/NA
    9.Other types of events to be held by the region: RallyX 70% favored; HPDE 95% favored; Time Trials 80% favored; Road Rally 75% favored; Socials 60% favored
    10. Solo Town Hall attendance: 16 would attend

2012 Proposals:
    1) Attendance at Poughkeepsie Sports Car Club (NYR Chapter) Solo Event will count as 1pt in the corresponding NYR class per event. PASSED

2) TriState Championship will count as an NYR event if hosted by another club. PASSED

3) Volunteering for an SCCA event(sanctioned, social, conference, Street Survival,etc) will be worth 1pt to the competitors class of choice. chairing such an event will be worth 2pts. PASSED

4) A Road Tire Class will be offered for cars if stock preparation levels on tires of treadwear >=140. PASSED

5) Street Prepared and Street Modified will be split due to increased participation. PASSED

6) Street Modified, Prepared, and Modified will be a single indexed class. PASSED

7) Heats will run as an assigned grid. Grid sheets will be posted before the Drivers Meeting. PASSED

8) Novice Driver walks will include the introduction of how a NYR autoX runs. PASSED

9) Run order will be based on online registration. Walk up registrants will be placed in heats on as needed basis. PASSED

10) Half day autoX will be offered on as option on an event by event basis with Program or event Chairman approval. Full day price will apply. Entrant must notify before the day of the event. PM half day will only be open to experienced autoXers. PM regsitration will be open 11:30am-12. PASSED

11) Event discount for Chiefs? PASSED

12) Season discount price? PASSED. The price of 8 events for all 9 of the season.

13) Solo Board meetings? PASSED

14) Updated noise regs: All cars must be muffled. A run with 93dB at 50' will be a warning. 95dB will be a need for corrective action. 97dB or greater for the 1st time will be a Corrective Action. A 2nd run with 97dB or great will be a DNF. A 3rd run with 97dB or greater will disqualify the competitor from the event. PASSED

edit: 15) In order to maximize the number of runs for the day, any entrant delaying the event beyond a reasonable time frame may have a run deducted from day. Delaying the event is considered to be not reporting for a work assignment or to Grid in a reasonable time The run will be eliminated as the driver will be skipped over in Grid for that single run. PASSED

Solo Chief Nominations:
    Solo Chairman: Jonathan Cohen (returning)
    Chief of Equipment: Bryan Jesia (returning)
    Chief of Tech: Dan Griffin (returning)
    Chief of Course: Randy Petschauer (returning)
    Chief of Novices: Vasken Choulbaralian
    Chief of Workers: Adam Gerschowitz
    Chief of Safety; Bryan Jesia
    Chief of Registration Michele Gershowitz (nominated)
    Chief of Waiver: VACANT
    Cheif of Timing & Scoring: VACANT

Auction of event chairmanships:
    April 22nd: Vacant
    May 6th: Vacant
    June 16th: Vasken CHoulbaralian
    July 22nd: Vacant
    August 19th: Vacant
    September: Adam Gershowitz
    October 27th & 28th: Vacant

Some Chief position and event chairs are still open
    fourortwowheels
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Mar 2012 01:31 AM
    Oh and dont forget - according to the online survey results, we need more "Trophy Girls"!
    s1mpsons
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Mar 2012 03:25 PM
    NYR Solo wrote:

14) Updated noise regs: All cars must be muffled. A run with 93dB at 50' will be a warning. 95dB will be a need for corrective action. 97dB or greater for the 1st time will be a Corrective Action. A 2nd run with 97dB or great will be a DNF. A 3rd run with 97dB or greater will disqualify the competitor from the event. PASSED

What prompted the implementation of sound enforcement over and above the limits and protocols defined and enforced by the National prosolo/solo program? Do we have a record of complaints in the past season?

NYR Solo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Mar 2012 08:09 PM
    In the past there have been complaints. Some years numerous complaints. The region has run the program as a muffled program and nothing further til last year when 97dB was the threshold for action. And an actual meter was finally present at the events. Sound reading were low and highest reading was the from the LoDuca's Invader @ 93dB at full acceleration. No one was remotely close all season including both of your cars at the final event.

This is preventive action. It allows us to go back to the Coliseum and show that we understand any issues that residents on the other side of the Turnpike have and will act accordingly. It is also now fair to any competitor because the staff's actions will be clear. The will no punting someone from the event if the exhaust is superficially judged to be too loud.

The was one item left out from the original summary that I have to add now.
    Boxologist
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Mar 2012 08:35 PM
    Anecdotal evidence backed up working the Sound assignment from the Dover NT last year. Nearly all of ESP was under 90dB. The station was at a point where all vehicles were under full throttle. Most of the exceedances were from shifter karts, Street Mod FWD, and Norm and Chuck's Caterhams. There were others mixed in. So how loud is too LOUD. I think you know because I remember your run where your exhaust fell off. Yeah, that was a bit beyond LOUD. I believe I told you about after the heat...
    1tt1

--
    15 Mar 2012 12:55 AM

+1 for trophy girls...

Paul V

--
    15 Mar 2012 09:46 PM
    ^^^^ Omg yes!!! I'll pay the extra entry fee for that!
    02semiata
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Mar 2012 10:12 PM
    What event is that from. Pro solo at NJ ??
    1 GR8 G8

--
    17 Mar 2012 11:13 PM
    I'm really happy to see that there will be a road tire stock class. I'm going to run stock class on street tires on my new car for this season so I can get a feel for it. It definitely evens the playing field.
    vreihen
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Mar 2012 08:36 AM
    02semiata wrote:
    What event is that from. Pro solo at NJ ??

If I had to guess, either Waterfest or the import weekend at Englishtown judging by the size of the trophy.....

JnJNY

--
    21 Mar 2012 03:25 PM
    Paul V wrote:

Another long time married autox guy... ;)

Paul V

--
    21 Mar 2012 06:24 PM
    JnJNY wrote:
    Paul V wrote:

Another  long time married autox guy... ;)

Haha
    Mike_L

--
    21 Mar 2012 11:12 PM
    JnJNY wrote:
    Paul V wrote:

Another long time married autox guy... ;)

Quiet, you!

Bring on the trophy girls!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner