Sunoco 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 28 Dec 2009 08:16 AM by  BrianCunningham
Winter Mods thread. What ya gonna do to your ride for next season?
 25 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
FTW_FRC

--
02 Nov 2009 05:44 PM
bmonnin1 wrote:
FTW_FRC wrote:

Question guys. I am also looking at the HardBar camber kit. Is this legal for ASP?

Camber kit is legal as of this last year. So is the throttle body, exhaust, and intake. Cams and heads on the other had are not, at least not anything more the OE spec. No internal engine mods except rebuild to stock specifications are legal. All engine performance inprovements have to be external, as in the exhaust and the intake. This doesn't mean you can't change the heads or the cams, they just have to be O.E. Pistons can be overbored but only to manufacturer rebuild specifications (basically you are not going to be able to do a 0.030 overbore).. If you are really interested in going to ASP I would suggest doing all suspension modifications you can first then start thinking about engine modifications, you get much more bang for your buck in suspension then engine in autocross, at least in ASP were engine mods are limited.

All the suspension mods will come before the heads and cam for sure. May go with a blower eventually and have to plan out the heads and cam to go with that VS. staying NA. All that engine work is still several years down the road, at least.

FTW_FRC

--
05 Nov 2009 03:22 PM

Its here. Had to unpack and take pics. SCCAForums Image

SCCAForums Image

SCCAForums Image

SCCAForums Image

All except for the darn manifold gaskets. This is supposed to be a COMPLETE kit. SCCAForums Image

smitch

--
15 Dec 2009 04:52 AM

SCCAForums Image

SCCAForums Image

Yes thats a WRX dash modified to fit in a Forester. Turned out pretty good, what a pain in the ass.

I've been working like a mad man trying to get this car done before the baby comes. Seriously, every free moment goes into getting this car back together. Getting real close. Started it for the first time two days ago. I've been working on the the little things like heated mirror and heated front glass. Its not fun reading diagrams and trying to make the stuff work, but its getting real close.

FWR Solo D

--
15 Dec 2009 07:11 PM

OMFG CHRIS!!! That is very impressive...

Lets just nick name you DR. Subaru - what you think?

smitch

--
27 Dec 2009 09:06 PM

Dr. Subaru, thats dumb. I think thats a bad idea.[Z] Thanks for the complement though, that ruled[}]

The first of the year my white RS is going to my uncles to get finished.[Y] He's an X body guy that roofs in the summer and is off in the winter. I figure even if its not perfect it will be better then what I could of done. I cant wait to see the car one color. I bought some different sway bars for it too. Tires will come shortly after. Then its time to get the car tuned for smooth boost response. No more Holy crap your pants, car goes sideways boost.

SCCAForums Image

Jason I stole your picture, because its not dumb[*] This site has some weird icons.[sn]

Anybody else working on anything fun?

BrianCunningham

--
28 Dec 2009 08:16 AM
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner