24 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
VerizonGuy

--
30 Oct 2009 10:50 AM
    Hey everybody, I was in contact with Chris at Chris Johnson Racing Engines in Auburn. If there is enough interest I would like to coordinate a dyno day for the club in March. We have a lot of options to choose from. We have have food, have a DVD made of the runs amoungst other things. I would like to make a list of interested individuals and see what we can do. This would be a good start to the season next year.
    CSP137

--
    30 Oct 2009 12:20 PM

Robert,

I would be interested. I think everyone may be interested in any details or ballpark costs you may have. From talking with you it sounds more affordable than people's perceptions.

Steve [:)]

OneEyeMedia

--
    30 Oct 2009 08:47 PM

Also keep in mind that the shop only one tube for pulls. When I last spoke with Chris (owner) he had told me that he plans to have a second tube installed for running AWD drive trains...so- I am not sure if this is planned for the March time frame. This would be good information to have available when getting this all together. Hate for some AWD guys come and think they can play...

Good going on the follow up Robert!

Pauly

--
    31 Oct 2009 04:55 AM
    We took our car out there a couple of months ago on a Saturday. We had a great time and learned a lot about what the car was doing. I highly recommend it. I think I paid $75.00 per hour. I was hooked up for three but he only charged me for two and a quarter hrs or something. I also talked to him about a Dyno day for the club. He wanted me to ask everyone to be as prepaired as possible so we can rifel guys on and off in about the same amount of time so nobody gets left without a turn. We'd likely rent the dyno as a group for a period of time to get a discount. So if you plan on a half hour for each car, then everyone can get through. If you go to my YouTube account at VeltumRacing38, you can see some of the dyno runs we made out there.
    Bigblockbandit

--
    31 Oct 2009 07:41 AM
    I'd be interested, I want to give the drum a spin with the T/A but I'm also hoping to have the cobra ready to start some test and tune by then. I just ordered a wideband and data logger setup to do some more tuning so hopefully the dyno runs can get down to very fine tuning ans entertainment. $75 pe rhour for dyno time is pretty reasonable compared to what ive seen in Jackson, Fort Wayne and Norwalk.
    Pauly

--
    31 Oct 2009 01:21 PM
    I don't believe Fort Wayne has a dyno shop anymore. If you're referring to Dynotech, they closed that part of the business, sold their dyno, and now focus on hi performance Corvettes even though they still have it on their website. They were the ones who sent me to Chris' shop. Ryan Schnitz has a Dyno service for bikes in Decatur. Here's the link http://www.ryanschnitz.com/Dyno/DynoRates.htm Yea, $75.00/hr is a great deal. The standard hourly labor rate in most shops is higher than that.
    VerizonGuy

--
    01 Nov 2009 06:15 PM

Here is a basic run down I got from when I spoke with Chris. The group rate is between 300 and 700 dollars. We get three runs and tuning info, he has a wideband o2 sensor. We can have food brought in and a DVD made. We could bring in our own food or make our own DVD. He seemed very flex on options of what we would want to choose.

I don't know what we have scheduled for December member meeting but I could ask him to be a guest speaker.

I know this might not answer a lot of questions but I wanted to float the idea before pulling the trigger.

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Nov 2009 06:47 PM
    I would be interested in actually seeing what my car can do. We can talk more at the next meeting.
    FTW_FRC

--
    02 Nov 2009 05:59 PM

Oh Crap. I was gonna call Dynotech to do the tune on my car when I get the new headers and exhaust installed. Guess I will be talking to Chris for a tune. Maybe even have them do the install as well.

Edit: Just emailed them on this. Will wait and see what they say.

VerizonGuy

--
    08 Dec 2009 03:01 PM

Spoke with Chris on setting up a dyno day. I gave him a baseline of 20 cars and 30 people for runs and food. He is going to call me with a quote tomorrow. Also he said he could speak at our monthly meeting the month before to answer any qauestions we have. He also has some videos and such to show us.

Is that a fair base to start out with? The last dyno day he setup had 120 people and 18 cars. He said that lasted all day. Any comments?

FWR Solo D

--
    08 Dec 2009 04:46 PM

Sounds like a fair number - just keep up with the updates, get something going with marketing to the members. Remember - not everyone has the best internet for viewing the forums. And we heard about that at the last month meeting were some cannot view the news letter. So, this is really good information to bring up in next weeks meeting. Maybe you can get a membership list to mail out a flyer with the details once you get things quoted? Again, things that can be discussed more heavily at the membership meeting next Wednesday.

Good Job bro!

Bigblockbandit

--
    09 Dec 2009 05:48 AM

Let me know when. I just picked up an innovate LM-2 Ive been using around the shop for tuning but i would still like to give it a spin. I also picked up a cheap laptop and ALDL and OBD2 cables to monitor whats going on and do some datalogging. Not a lot of good on the 77 but I plan on doing a lot with the Cobra. Right now im working on a GM TBI conversion for my olds 455 inthe motorhome, data logging and eimailing the files to a affordable fuel injection to burn me new chips till we get it dialed in. On the 3rd chip now but at least the GMC will spin the tires on launch now!

Biggest thing I see with a group day is bung plugs, if you dont have an O2 sensor already you would need to have a bung drilled in and welded so it does not eat up to much time during the day unless his shop is big enough to do pulls and prep both. I may stop by and snoop around, i just finished tunig a '32 roadster with a fuel injected flathead and would be kind of interested in doing a little more on it before i give it back to dad...

VerizonGuy

--
    18 Jan 2010 08:50 PM

Update! I bet you guys thought I forgot [^o)]

Here is the core information I have planned out:

On March 17th Chris is going to come to our meeting to explain what is going to happen and answer any questions. He will also have a DVD to show us. The big day is April 18th, the weekend after our first event. We are looking at three runs, some consulting and food. You are invited even if you are not going to bring your car. Basically a relaxed environment were we can talk and get some basic tune up information. Cost wise we are looking in the 40 dollar range for members and ten bucks for food.

We are going to limit at the max of 20 cars. That is his daily limit. If you are interested please let me know! This is my first time coordinating something like this. Basically how many people for food is going to be the biggest questions.

How does that sound?

Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jan 2010 11:01 AM
    I'm in [Y]
    Bigblockbandit

--
    23 Jan 2010 11:40 AM

so far that is an open weekend for me. When are you going to make sign up, payment etc, at the meeting just prior to the event or sign up early and reserve your spot? Looks like i'm in as well.

Sean

VerizonGuy

--
    23 Jan 2010 07:20 PM

Excellent! Right now I'm working through if we have this as an offical event do we need to be insured and stuff like that. I have basicly six slots filled, including yours. So if you know anybody in the club that is interested have them contact me or leave me a note here.

It looks like I will reserve slots before hand, and then pay when showing up.

therealnapster

--
    08 Mar 2010 10:45 AM
    if its still on, im in
    KCSSLE

--
    21 Mar 2010 11:37 AM

Is the event still on? If so can you please post the details.

Thank you

Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 Apr 2010 07:37 AM
    Robert, can you post a quick update for the dyno day?
    VerizonGuy

--
    02 Apr 2010 07:42 PM

Whew! Been busy this last couple of weeks! The Dyno Day is a go on the 18th! There is going to be an article and a flyer in the next Drift. It should be posted very shortly.

I'm starting a list now of who wants to run and a timeframe that could fit for them. Chris said three pulls or 30 minutes, in case you want to do some tuning between pulls. The cost is $50 for the pulls. I'm thinking we start around 10am. The closer we get to the 18th the more structure we will have, so basicly the first to reserve will get what time they want!

You can contact me at genmayhem@hotmail.com, here or my number that is on the flyer.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner