--
25 Mar 2012 08:37 PM
    ESP third gen camaro what modifications would be needed to compete
    GTB/ZR-1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Mar 2012 09:24 PM
    Steering wheel gasket would be the first mod.
    tst 501

--
    25 Mar 2012 10:04 PM
    Preciate your help
    solo-x
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Mar 2012 12:30 PM
    A number and the class letters "ESP" to put on the car. Oh, and it needs to be mechanically sound, and you'll need a helmet, driver's license and entry fee. That's all you need to compete in ESP in a 3rd generation Camero. (Hi Karen!)

Ask a better question, get better answers. Ask an open ended question as poorly as this, and well, you get out of it what you put in.
    Robert Puertas
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Mar 2012 01:05 PM
    Call Sam Strano at Stranoparts.com and tell him how much you have to spend.
    He'll be able to map out a plan of attack for you.
    boss002

--
    26 Mar 2012 08:33 PM
    An arm and a leg, but seriously Sam Strano is one with a bunch of parts and ESP experience
    solo-x
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Mar 2012 10:20 AM
    If you have a better set of questions when you talk to Sam (or post in a forum), you stand a much better chance of getting an answer. What do you want to know? A start to finish ultimate build with every aspect of the build outlined for you? Or something more specific like what spring rates are recommended or what update/backdate combination is "ideal"? Take a look at my thread on building a BSP 350z. I specifically outlined what part of the build I was looking at. I was curious what years and options were best, and what motor I would want to update/backdate to. All the responses in that thread are helpful, whereas the first 2 responses in this thread are smart ass posts. GIGO. Not trying to be a dick, but this thread and first post are typical of 15yr old self entitled kids who expect everyone to just give them stuff without having to put a little effort in. If you can't even put enough effort into a forum post so someone can help you, then you aren't ever going to have a competitive ESP car.
    tst 501

--
    27 Mar 2012 11:46 AM
    I am new and maybe the question was a little to broad but I'm not wanting someone to blueprint a car for me I was just curious as to what mods would be needed to even be considerded a competitive car in ESP ill figure my own setup or if I would be best in another class
    solo-x
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Mar 2012 12:31 PM
    Well, "competitive" is a word that is interpreted differently by everyone. So step one is to figure out what you consider competitive. Your big ticket items are going to be wheels/tires, suspension, and bolt ons. If winning a jacket is your goal, you'll want to pick the lightest chassis, the best final drive/trans combo, and the most powerful engine. You'll also want to utilize all the 1LE bits. If you're just starting out though, none of this matters as the driver is the most important modification of all. Good luck, and hope to see you at an event!
    tst 501

--
    27 Mar 2012 01:21 PM
    Preciate the help
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner