SP rear spoiler for higher speeds
 1 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
dgoetz

--
27 Mar 2012 10:05 PM

I want to run some hill climbs and track days but I have a 10" Lexan spoiler on the back and I think that could be dangerous for the higher speeds. I will compete in SSP class on the hill climbs so i can't run a wing or i would be bumped up to SSM class. What height spoiler should I run? I am thinking maybe replace with a 4" high lexan piece with shorter brace rods and angle more backward. Still too much or not enough? I was thinking something would be better than nothing. I have run up to 90mph straight line with current spoiler but would not want to find out what it would do in a 100+ mph turn. Any ideas?

solo-x
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Mar 2012 02:11 PM
    Dangerous in what sense? That it will rip off the car, or that it will cause unusual handling with the car? I'd wager that if you've run it up to 90mph without issue, you should be fine in a hill climb. For one, you won't be taking any 100+mph corners on a hill climb and two I don't think you'll be hitting 100mph. If either of those assumptions are wrong, I think proper crash protection is a bigger concern.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner