Sunoco 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 28 Mar 2012 02:36 PM by  caj04
2007 Civic Si Competitive in Street Modified?
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
caj04

--
28 Mar 2012 12:29 PM

So I decided to make a new post concerning whether my 2007 Civic Si would be competitive in street modified if prepared correctly. I wouldn't really know because I've never autocrossed nationally and I'm fairly new to autocross. My car is currently in G Stock with a cat back exhaust, drop in filter, Dunlop direzza's, and soon to be rear sway bar. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

GTB/ZR-1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Mar 2012 01:21 PM
    Uh... No...

Maybe in Street Mod Front, if modded properly & driven very well. That's just it--whatever car in whatever class (if reasonably-well prepared), if driven very well, will have good chances.

Just concentrate on getting seat time--A LOT of it ;-)
    mitchman
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    28 Mar 2012 01:26 PM

I'm no expert, but I would guess that by adding a turbo and LOTS of other expensive modifications you could make it competitive in SMF (Street Modified FWD). You'd need very wide rims (10-inches) and fresh rubber (Hoosier 275/35/15) as well as good quality shocks ($4000) and lots of tuning with springs, sway bars, etc.... Street Modified is a very high level (high $$$) class nationally. Locally, you wouldn't need this high of a prep level. Of course that depends on who your competition is locally. :)

caj04

--
    28 Mar 2012 02:28 PM

That was my intention, to build it for SMF. I just realized, I think I posted this in the wrong section of the forum though. I got out of karting and I can't wait to get back in racing, in at least some type of it so plan to get some good seat time!

lowside67
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Mar 2012 02:34 PM
    mitchman wrote:

I'm no expert, but I would guess that by adding a turbo and LOTS of other expensive modifications you could make it competitive in SMF (Street Modified FWD). You'd need very wide rims (10-inches) and fresh rubber (Hoosier 275/35/15) as well as good quality shocks ($4000) and lots of tuning with springs, sway bars, etc.... Street Modified is a very high level (high $$$) class nationally. Locally, you wouldn't need this high of a prep level. Of course that depends on who your competition is locally. :)

No.... it won't be competitive with any amount of money thrown at it. Other cars in the class have the same amount of money and modification but start on a base MUCH smaller and 800lbs lighter... no hope. Don't waste your time or money. Run the car in G-Stock where it can be competitive or you need to start with a different base if you want to piss your money away in SM.

Mark

caj04

--
    28 Mar 2012 02:36 PM

Now that we are discussing this it sounds to me like sticking to GS is my best bet. It just sounds like alot of money to be investing in right now. But he I appreciate your post, thanks!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner