Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rallyfan555
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Apr 2012 03:37 PM

Recently I've been involved in discussions with two different members of my Chumpcar team about wanting to move the team to the next level in endurance racing. I see a few SCCA sanctioned endurance races, but nothing resembling a series to base a team around or much of anything at all in the CenDiv/MidDiv area. Has the Club ever considered promoting such a format on a series basis?

FWIW, I've looked at the supps for the Devil In The Dark race. They make me wish we were closer to New Jersey. And that there were enough of those races that we could attend 3-5 of them per season. I especially liked the reduced class structure.

Terry Hanushek
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Apr 2012 08:13 AM

Rally Fan

Unfortunately long distance endurance racing is a 'niche' activity in SCCA. There are two major long distance races in the East - The Devil in the Dark 12 Hour at NJMP and The Charge of the Headlight Brigade 13 Hour at VIR - which use the same basic rules and attract many of the same competitors. The Longest Day 12/24 Hour at Nelson Ledges was contested for many years but has unfortunately been inactive for the last couple of years due to of lack of support. Two races aren't a 'series' but they are a healthy outlet for endurance racers and one worth traveling to compete. The last two overall winners of The Devil in the Dark have come from Canada and Louisana.

As I stated on another forum, we will make a place in the The Devil in the Dark for Chumpcars which can meet SCCA IT safety specs. Generally, I understand that Chumpcar is not that far off from SCCA in the safety area.

Hope to see ya at The Devil

Terry

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner