Q? regarding timing discrepency
 7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Cyberbug

--
15 Apr 2012 11:08 PM

So this weekend 4/14 - I have video of each and everyone one of my runs.

My last run was my fastest and clean. In the results the time is correct for my last run but it says +DNF I have no idea why!

I have looked at the video several times and I cannot figure it out.

sucks :( I didn't hear or see it while I was there. Does this happen often?

cc gti

--
    16 Apr 2012 12:40 PM
    My guess would be if it was your 8th run your were DNF'd because your were only suppose to have 7. If not, please bring this to the Solo Chairs attention at the conclusion of the awards ceremony. We can cross reference the results with the audit sheets and make sure that the results are correct. See you on the May 5th.
    Cyberbug

--
    16 Apr 2012 01:16 PM

Yeah, I think that is what the confusion was.

It was the 8th run but it was a rerun due to the corner worker crossing in front of me on the 7th run. The timing booth was informed and I was put in line by the Grid workers again.

I did check the times after the award ceremony and it looked fine at that time - but no biggie.

Here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnQIPVD6fl4

honda93
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Apr 2012 09:00 AM
    Faz,

Who informed the timing booth that you deserved a rerun? Was it the station marshal?

After watching the video a few times and remembering what I saw in person, I'm surprised you got a rerun at all...

See, I was at the starting line behind you waiting to start my run and I saw him running away from the course but I did not see you stop (or at least slow to a crawl) so his presence must not have disturbed you too much. Then after viewing the video, it also sounds like you lifted but applied no brakes.
    autox4u

--
    17 Apr 2012 04:24 PM
    I agree with Tony. If you were looking ahead you should have been on the brakes entering that slalom for safety. This was not good to show us as you should have slowed down way early for the workers safety, that is more important. Then you would have received a rerun.

Perry
    vreihen
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Apr 2012 05:40 PM
    If you want a re-run due to a cone, worker, dump chicken, or other problem with the course:

Stop and point.

Stop and point.

Stop and point.

Did you stop and point? No? No soup for you! Well, unless you hit a dump chicken. :-)

Seriously though, finishing your run and then arguing with a grid worker or the T&S staff that you deserve a re-run will get you nowhere in most clubs. Come to a controlled stop, point at the problem, and wait for the corner workers to tell you to proceed for a re-run if there is a legitimate problem. Should be covered in every drivers meeting, along with the cone/box rule.....
    Cyberbug

--
    17 Apr 2012 07:38 PM

I'll try to answer all three

First the last persons post

- I did not argue with anyone on the grid or trying to argue here. Just trying to understand..

When I came off the line, I informed the grid worker he went into the timing booth, came out and told me to get in line again for a rerun - I have the raw video to show it all - it doesn't matter its not a big deal

Tony/Perry, Yes I should have reacted better, but my responses were slow it was a bit of a surprise. I pointed to him and lifted off. Like all things first time experiences are different and lessons are learned. I should have noticed him earlier but I did not. I should have braked and slowed down further. Like many things it could have been done better.

Again I am not arguing about the rerun just wanted to understand, again I was told by the grid to get in line for the rerun.

Cyberbug

--
    17 Apr 2012 07:42 PM
    Will do better next time

That is how we learn and I got a long way to go

See you guys on may 5th - Awesome job as well.

Perry - seriously why can't take the slolam straight on either side ;) lol ......

......Just kidding :)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner