Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 22 Dec 2009 06:05 PM by  rosejm
2010 Solo Planning Meeting (12/19/09)
 10 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
FWR Solo D
New Member
New Member
Posts:


--
26 Nov 2009 07:36 AM
    Hello Members! I am scheduling a 2010 Solo Planning Meeting on 12/19/09 at Steve Mieritz's house at 6:00 PM. I want to get a jump start right away for the 2010 season and here are a few things I would like to discuss and possibly iron out some details or concerns. With your help we will make 2010 a fun and rewarding year for all those involved.

    Official Solo Planning Meeting:
    12/19/09 - Saturday 6 pm
    Held at Steve Mieritz house:
    3220 Easterday Rd (corner of Bethel & Easterday)
    Fort Wayne, IN 46818

    Things to cover:

    Sites and Acquisition of them:
    • solo members can help in getting contact info, ideas, etc. - please pass along any information to Solo D including summary of conversations.
    • list of past places raced - contact info?
    • bear field - JA running there, how about a solo event?

    Tentative schedule:
    • minimum 6 events - possible 10 events
    • coliseum - 2 events

    Points race and class points race:
    • make a X class for pros
    • noobs have a class points race with year end winner
    • pax and or sms pax adjustments

    Volunteers:
    • your interests
    • more than one worker chief (share among 2 or 3 people - help spread over events)
    • contact info (a must)

    Equipment:
    • generator (priority 1)
    • timing cables
    • PA (future state)
    • timing software - AXWARE and possible notebook for running the software (future state)
    • what are major issues from prior year

    Marketing:
    • new and old ideas
    • business cards with schedule
    • sponsors

    Please plan to attend, but if you cannot attend this - Please send me an email or letter with your ideas or concerns before the meeting date and I will bring these up in the meeting for you.
    Thanks and SEE YOU 12/19/09!!!

    FWR Solo D
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    13 Dec 2009 03:15 PM

    Well, we have a week left until our first 2010 Solo meeting. I was curious how many of you are thinking of coming or know you are a definite. I am planning on making a big pot of chili for us to chow on, kind of my way of saying thank you for your input and showing up.

    If you cannot make it, and you have something you want brought up - please send me an email and I will bring it up for you. I plan on taking notes from the evening and have them published in our DRIFT and on here. I want all communication put out there for the members to discuss. It will be one way for us to get things rolling.

    Take care and have a Merry Christmas!

    Jason

    Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:327


    --
    14 Dec 2009 02:43 PM

    Jason, I won't be able to make it this Saturday. [:(]

    CSP137
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    15 Dec 2009 12:02 PM

    I'm considering making an appearance.

    seriousely, we have a lot of things to plan. Now is the time to help steer the direction of the program. Now is the time to make your opinions known.

    Steve Mieritz

    FWR Solo D
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    15 Dec 2009 01:31 PM

    Peppler33CS wrote:

    Jason, I won't be able to make it this Sunday. [:(]

    I understand Peppler - Feel free to look over my notes and send me an email on your thoughts (in another color if you do not mind).

    CLUB (TEAM) - I am all ears! If you cannot make this meeting, email me your concerns, thoughts, and maybe have a back up plan or idea for your concerns, not a solution - but maybe something to steer us in the right direction to talk about it. I am here to work for you! This goes for any meeting, if you have issues showing up, let me be your voice. I will bring them up in the monthly meetings (both BoD/Member and Solo Planning).

    Cheers!

    Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:327


    --
    15 Dec 2009 09:03 PM

    Ya, its our night to drop the kids off with grandma/pa. Don't think the wife would be happy if I took her to a SCCA meeting [:^)]

    Looks like Indy posted a very preliminary draft of their schedule so that should be kept in mind as well. I would love to have a challenge with Indy at Grissom after Nationals (pre nationals will continue to draw many more out of region). And make it a big deal with some sort of goofy trophy thing for bragging rights and setup some rules ahead of time (must have a competitor from each region in a class to give points).

    Of course new sites are also top of the list. I know you guys are brainstorming this now.

    And can we just get some new cables made already? This should be a priority... what can we do to make this happen? If not, can we get a stopwatch added to the truck inventory? [:P] What about the rest of inventory? Is everything working right? Got spare fuses for the timer? And the generator has seen better days, it seems like we miracously get it going at each event. I think it is Indy that has a really neat small quiet Honda generator, that thing rocks! Of course all of this takes $$$, but if look at it as a way to improve.. and draw more and more people and not have huge delays and frustrate and potentially loose people (which I know we are guilty of), you could make a good case for it.

    And we should also discuss how to speed registration... this is a sore spot with visitors to our region as well. What are other regions doing so well that this pretty smooth?

    What about "Voice of Customer", maybe send a questionarre to non-members about what they like and more importantly didn't like? We have registration data so send something via email.

    I know, lots of questions here and no solutions but could be some talking points. Cheers![Beer]

    CSP137
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    16 Dec 2009 01:40 PM
    Peppler33CS wrote:

    Jason, I won't be able to make it this Sunday. [:(]

    How about Saturday - when the meeting is? lol

    Cobra
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    16 Dec 2009 02:08 PM
    Peppler33CS wrote:

    Looks like Indy posted a very preliminary draft of their schedule so that should be kept in mind as well. I would love to have a challenge with Indy at Grissom after Nationals (pre nationals will continue to draw many more out of region). And make it a big deal with some sort of goofy trophy thing for bragging rights and setup some rules ahead of time (must have a competitor from each region in a class to give points).

    Yep yep, we've got the dates set, only thing still in the air is a couple sites. I've already had a brief convo with Jason on challenges so we're working that out right now.

    Our next Solo meeting is tomorrow night (12/17) so our schedule will be ironed out by the weekend. [:)]

    bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:200


    --
    16 Dec 2009 05:46 PM
    Peppler33CS wrote:

    Ya, its our night to drop the kids off with grandma/pa. Don't think the wife would be happy if I took her to a SCCA meeting [:^)]

    Looks like Indy posted a very preliminary draft of their schedule so that should be kept in mind as well. I would love to have a challenge with Indy at Grissom after Nationals (pre nationals will continue to draw many more out of region). And make it a big deal with some sort of goofy trophy thing for bragging rights and setup some rules ahead of time (must have a competitor from each region in a class to give points).

    Of course new sites are also top of the list. I know you guys are brainstorming this now.

    And can we just get some new cables made already? This should be a priority... what can we do to make this happen? If not, can we get a stopwatch added to the truck inventory? [:P] What about the rest of inventory? Is everything working right? Got spare fuses for the timer? And the generator has seen better days, it seems like we miracously get it going at each event. I think it is Indy that has a really neat small quiet Honda generator, that thing rocks! Of course all of this takes $$$, but if look at it as a way to improve.. and draw more and more people and not have huge delays and frustrate and potentially loose people (which I know we are guilty of), you could make a good case for it.

    And we should also discuss how to speed registration... this is a sore spot with visitors to our region as well. What are other regions doing so well that this pretty smooth?

    What about "Voice of Customer", maybe send a questionarre to non-members about what they like and more importantly didn't like? We have registration data so send something via email.

    I know, lots of questions here and no solutions but could be some talking points. Cheers![Beer]

    We had an impromptu meeting after the last board meeting and made several top priorities. One was the cables, another was a new generator.

    As for how other regions have so much faster registration then us, one word, LAPTOPS. They have several laptops networked together so the preregistered people come up, tell them who they are, they look it up and check it off and take your money. Our registration crew has to do everything by hand because we don't have several laptops or a network hub. They don't have to be fast, expensive laptops, Toledo uses a netbook, but we could use at least two more laptops. Of course to be able to run the laptops and the hub we would need to get a good generator first.

    FWR Solo D
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    16 Dec 2009 06:57 PM
    Cobra wrote:

    Yep yep, we've got the dates set, only thing still in the air is a couple sites. I've already had a brief convo with Jason on challenges so we're working that out right now.

    Our next Solo meeting is tomorrow night (12/17) so our schedule will be ironed out by the weekend. [:)]

    This is true, some really good conversations are being done here. Looks like we will have fours dates in the books with a June 13 Challenge Event with Indy. Still talking to them about the return Challenge dates. Fours dates is very nice to have before the new year. Very excited to keep things rolling forward.

    As of now for dates, this is what we have booked. Thanks for the help from Jerry Strope and Steve Meiritz and Steve Kammeyer with transition to Steve Meiritz.

    June 13 Challenge (Indy Host) (still to confirm with everyone at solo meeting saturday - i think this should be a go...)

    Aug 1st Coliseum (a possible return challenge, us being Host)

    Aug 14th and 15th Grissom (possible test and tune on 14th and then solo event 15th) Dates are booked with Grissom (maybe this could be a return challenge with indy)

    Sept 25th and 26th Grissom (special event on 25th and solo event 26th) Dates are booked with Grissom

    I have replied to IR Solo D about a couple other things...will update on that later this week or on saturday.

    Now - I have not given this info to have posted on website, my bad. But I wanted to let those on the forums get the news at least. Hope you understand.

    Event Masters. I have been one and our region has had a good amount of them do this position. Does anyone on here in our region interested in any of these dates to be an event master? Speak up if you are interested. Heck - we could make this a dual event master if you want. If you think it would help.

    Kruse - you all have heard the publicity with their situation. Steve and Steve are working with them on them as a site for racing. I am sure nothing to get worried about, but we can work with what we get. So - if you know of some sites out there when driving around and think they are big enough for an event, hit up Steve Meiritz with the info and any details or conversations you have with site owner and he will make arrangements to see what we can do.

    Worker Chief - are you interested in being one for events. Let me know...

    All this stuff will also be brought up at the solo planning meeting saturday, but at least you have some food for thought before this day comes around.

    Thanks for your help guys and input! Keep it coming!

    Cheers

    rosejm
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:219


    --
    22 Dec 2009 06:05 PM
    bmonnin1 wrote:

    As for how other regions have so much faster registration then us, one word, LAPTOPS. They have several laptops networked together so the preregistered people come up, tell them who they are, they look it up and check it off and take your money. Our registration crew has to do everything by hand because we don't have several laptops or a network hub. They don't have to be fast, expensive laptops, Toledo uses a netbook, but we could use at least two more laptops. Of course to be able to run the laptops and the hub we would need to get a good generator first.

    Not to intrude, but even a print-out of those preregistered can allow for this kind of speedy transaction. Don't feel that you need to drop the coin just to get started down this route. Our region normally operates with one laptop and while a failure there would be catastrophic, during normal operations it doesn't seem to be a hindrance.

    You are not authorized to post a reply.


    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

    Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

    SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

    Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank



    Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner