14 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Exarkun1178

--
21 Apr 2012 09:16 PM

Hello,

My friend and I both race at giants stadium with NNJR . this year wed like to try one weekend at another venue with in 4 hours drive of NJ. any suggestions?

Delaware? Maryland? PA? NY? CT?

A large lot with 6+ runs would be ideal.

mlane350z
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Apr 2012 10:52 PM
    By all accounts...Meadowlands from what I've heard. The big lot at Hershey is also good (though can be dusty, gritty from all the traffic), but there are only 2 SCCA events on the large lot each year (early spring, late fall).
    Exarkun1178

--
    22 Apr 2012 07:42 AM
    Hershey. ok ill take a look.
    ezgolfer

--
    22 Apr 2012 09:34 PM

Give NER SCCA (www.ner.org) a shot at Ft. Devens in Massachusetts. It's about 4 hours from the meadowlands and a very different experience than parking lot style courses. Set on two long airport runways with a taxiway connector, the loop is usually around 60 seconds with lots of fast transitional stuff. Come on up to the May 6 event and get ready for the June National Tour event. We'll show you a good time.

s1mpsons
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Apr 2012 09:41 PM
    Devens IS awesome! I wish it was closer. See you at the Devens National Tour! Can't wait.
    02semiata
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Apr 2012 10:06 PM
    You can always come down to nassau coliseum not the best lot in the world but its only an hour from the Meadowlands and its something new.
    NYR Solo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Apr 2012 10:09 PM
    Fitting your needs location-wise in order:
    SNJ @ Bader Field
    NY clubs at Nassau Coliseum
    MetroNY PCA at Tobay Beach
    FCSCC when running on the south lot
    Philly at all their locations except Delaware Park
    NER plus others at Devens
    WDCR @ FedEX

More runs happen at lower attended events. Philly, NER, & WDCR have earned their reputation on the quality of their events, so many competitors make a point to make them.
    Exarkun1178

--
    25 Apr 2012 06:34 PM
    great stuff. going to google and utube them. one other idea we had, if we could not agree on where to go, was to attend a very small event.
    mattm
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Apr 2012 07:16 PM
    Devens can be fun if you have not run it all that often (I've run Devens since 1996 at a minimum of six or more events year. I'm running the Meadowlands this year. Read what you want into that.)
    www.ner.org/solo

MetroNY PCA, NYBMWCCA and others run at Nassau. I may consider going there again as they have done some paving. I stopped going a few years ago because the surface became cruddy.
    http://metronypca.org/
    http://nybmwcca.org/
    http://www.nyr-scca.org/

As noted, FCSCC at the south lot is pretty good. But they can only run that lot early or late in the season (read: March and November).
    www.fcscc.com
    Paul V

--
    26 Apr 2012 09:16 PM
    Grass is always greener on the other side. Meadowlands, Tobay and Nassau coliseum are great
    TedDBere
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    22 Jun 2012 10:02 AM
    Lots I would always make in the NE when I could:

Giant's Stadium: SCCA, PCA, NE Motorsports (this lot may be the best asphalt lot in the country)
    Warminster, PA: Philly SCCA (Airport runway but wide with great offset practice for national events, generally very fast)
    Citizen's Bank Park, Philly, PA: Philly SCCA (Big 50-60 sec courses, great national caliper competition)

Lots worth it if you're desperate for some national level seat time:

FedEx field, DC: DC SCCA (Tours and Prosolo events use this site)
    Devens, MA: NE SCCA (Very competitive courses, Asphalt with a little concrete, if it were close to me I'd run there every chance I could)
    Seneca, NY: Central NY SCCA (Airport runway with a concrete section making the course a "P" shape. In the middle of nowhere.)
    Hershey, PA: Susquahanna SCCA and PCA clubs run here once or twice a year. Course designer used is important.

Best kept secret:

The CPA SCCA uses an airport in the middle of PA that is used by the Forest Fire Planes. One of the biggest pleasant surprises I've had was running there. If Sammy is setting up the course don't miss it.

Jim G
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Jun 2012 12:04 PM
    The Seneca Army Depot is no longer a site we can use. Perhaps we'll get it back in the future if we can demonstrate to the powers-that-be of our significant input of $$ into a poor economic area.
    Sho Torii
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Jun 2012 10:12 PM

Too bad about Seneca.... It was such a beautiful site.

I beg to defer about Citizen's Bank Park. While the total square footage is big, each lot (they usually use 3 lots connected by narrow paths) is not that big. Therefore, the course tends to be pretty tight there. The last time I was there, there were 2 turns I had to downshift to the 1st coming out. It wasn't much fun. The grip level is not that high either. I will take Warminster over CBP any time.

newportroyal

--
    27 Jun 2012 10:56 PM
    Devens
    NJGT3
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Jun 2012 01:21 AM
    Devens is the best autoX lot in the NorthEast, it is not even a lot, it is a 3 runway airfield, gigantic. From everything I have driven (including the Nationals lots), Devens and El Toro are the best. Lincoln would be a 3rd place in my list.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner