Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 13 Dec 2009 03:03 AM by  rcl4668
HANS Model 30 needed in Portland, Ore area . . .
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
rcl4668

--
01 Dec 2009 09:11 PM
    I know this is a long shot but I will be attending a 3-day race school on Dec 27-29. The school uses formula cars and they told me my 20 degree HANS will not work but a 30 degree HANS will. Does anyone in the Portland, Ore. or Vancouver, Wash. area have a large size 30 dgree HANS that I could borrow? Obviously, if I damaged your HANS I would pay for recertification/repair or a replacement device. I am a member in good standing with SCCA and Cascade Sports Car Club so you'll know where to find me if you need to send Vinnie and Guido to collect.
    Alternatively, do you know of any place that could rent me the right HANS? I don't usually run formula cars so I don't want to shell out $500-1,000 for just 3 days worth of use.
    Thanks for any leads you can provide.
    /Rich
    boardkat
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Dec 2009 11:03 PM
    rcl4668 wrote:
    I know this is a long shot but I will be attending a 3-day race school on Dec 27-29. The school uses formula cars and they told me my 20 degree HANS will not work but a 30 degree HANS will. Does anyone in the Portland, Ore. or Vancouver, Wash. area have a large size 30 dgree HANS that I could borrow? Obviously, if I damaged your HANS I would pay for recertification/repair or a replacement device. I am a member in good standing with SCCA and Cascade Sports Car Club so you'll know where to find me if you need to send Vinnie and Guido to collect.
    Alternatively, do you know of any place that could rent me the right HANS? I don't usually run formula cars so I don't want to shell out $500-1,000 for just 3 days worth of use.
    Thanks for any leads you can provide.
    /Rich

if i owned the HANS device i've used in the past, i'd work something out with ya. unfortunately, it's not mine to lend [:(]
    that said, talk with charles buren, the owner of safedrives. i've bought some safety equipment from him in the past, very reputable and down-to-earth guy. he lives in hillsboro, and runs the business out of his home. i think he has a "rent-to-own" program for HANS devices. give him a call and see if it suits your purposes. info@safedrives.com or 877-739-1713 (it forwards directly to his cell phone).
    if he doesn't have what you need, he probably knows somebody that could help you. paul eklund also comes to mind (primitive racing).
    rcl4668

--
    13 Dec 2009 03:03 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried Charles and Paul but unfortunatey neither of them had access to a HANS Model 30. Any other leads out there? Again, thanks for your help.

/Rich

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner