You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
american v-8 junkie

--
04 Jun 2012 08:51 PM
BigEnos wrote:
Cr0usEEE wrote:
High Mount Stop Lamp - Usually it is HMSL but Brian is failing at alphabet soup today =P

High Mount Third Stop Lamp.

Actually the FMVSS term is CHMSL = Center High Mounted Stop Lamp

It would seem removing it and making the car not street legal would contradict the "Street" Prepared charter

Rob The Racer

--
05 Jun 2012 03:20 PM
Tossing this out since we are talking about change, and noone can answer what intent we have for SP, what if we had a multi-year plan to make SP SM lite. IE keep SP engine rules but allow SM aero and suspension? Cost limitation would be the engine. Also new members with cars with a couple of modifications like a cf hood or such wouldn't be tossed to the deep end of the pool. Maybe even a license plate and proof of insurance upon request to keep the "street" in it.
mlane350z
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Jun 2012 03:34 PM
Ehhhh....not a fan of having to keep an SP car tagged and insured. Especially since the rules allow mods (no cats, etc) that are not street legal.
SMSupercoupe
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Jun 2012 09:48 PM
Rob The Racer wrote:
Tossing this out since we are talking about change, and noone can answer what intent we have for SP, what if we had a multi-year plan to make SP SM lite. IE keep SP engine rules but allow SM aero and suspension? Cost limitation would be the engine. Also new members with cars with a couple of modifications like a cf hood or such wouldn't be tossed to the deep end of the pool. Maybe even a license plate and proof of insurance upon request to keep the "street" in it.

I'm not really a fan of this idea. I can't speak for other classes, but I run in ESP, and I know that IF SP became SM-lite (which I don't want), I'd much rather be able to add heads and cam than put a wing or metal bushings on the car.

And requiring SP cars to be street legal would essentially kill the class in California (and anywhere else that uses CA smog rules) thanks to that stupid visual portion of the smog test. Not really fair.

Rob The Racer

--
21 Jun 2012 11:34 AM
Has this been dropped?
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
21 Jun 2012 01:51 PM
Rob The Racer wrote:
Has this been dropped?

Doesn't appear to have been addressed in fastrack.
I was holding off fabricating mine, but now I will probably just go ahead with it. I don't think I have heard a single person in support of this takeback and I still don't get what problem this is addressing.
cdlong

--
22 Jun 2012 06:12 PM
Maybe those in favor of option 2 aren't vocal on forums.
TeamRX8
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
26 Jun 2012 01:51 PM
BigEnos wrote:
Write letters. What you write here is nice, but it doesn't "count." Just a friendly reminder from your neighborhood SPAC member.

Not true actually, at least not much any more IMO. Besides, who is really counting?

As a decision maker you are either aware of the various points and arguments or you're not. Whether you read them here or in a letter is of no consequence as to how you make your own decision or whether or not you bring them up at a subsequent meeting. I certainly hope you don't base your decision on a popularity percentage vote of received letters rather than gathering as much info as you can from any and every source to instead make your own intellectual decision that best steers us in a sustainable direction.

SMSupercoupe
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
02 Aug 2012 07:54 AM
Got an email saying the SEB had reviewed my letter on this topic, so I'm guessing we'll see a ruling, or maybe a new proposal, in the next Fasttrack.
Rob The Racer

--
03 Aug 2012 10:37 AM
SMSupercoupe wrote:
Got an email saying the SEB had reviewed my letter on this topic, so I'm guessing we'll see a ruling, or maybe a new proposal, in the next Fasttrack.

My letters was reviewed as well, hopefully no major changes.

Frank05v

--
03 Aug 2012 11:28 AM
Likewise. I got my email saying it was reviewed.
Fair
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Aug 2012 01:33 PM

Same here - I wrote my letter the day the FasTrack came out.

I'm for Option 1 (no take backs!) and Option 3 (SM Lite) after we get past this hurdle.

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Aug 2012 01:46 PM
Got my letter a few days ago.

I tried to hold off building my lexan spoiler until this was resolved, but couldn't wait and built mine last weeked. I got a chance to test it out Sunday and it was a nice upgrade. Cost me $300 ($150 sacrificial trunk, $30 lexan, $40 bolts and washers, $15 wire disconnects, plus $65 shipping) and an afternoon of work.

SMSupercoupe
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
03 Aug 2012 04:02 PM
I just wish I could bolt a blade spoiler to the top of the wing on my 4th-gen. That would make fabrication a lot easier, since the factory wing is non-removable.
Frank05v

--
04 Aug 2012 03:29 PM
Likewise Terry.

[Img]http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/302455_4279548874544_2053513057_n.jpg[/img]
Mike.S
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Sep 2012 02:40 PM
The Nebulizer wrote:Cost me $300 ($150 sacrificial trunk, $30 lexan, $40 bolts and washers, $15 wire disconnects, plus $65 shipping) and an afternoon of work.

Any details on the thickness of Lexan and where it could be gotten for $30? Also, any pics and tips on building one? The damn NB Miata has such a curvy trunk... BTW, Fair, is it my imagination or does your splitter come out way past the front bumper?
cbramey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
05 Sep 2012 03:40 PM

i still can't comprehend how any amateur sanctioning body could allow a competitive advantage to be sought by bolting aero junk on supposed street-able cars.

at best you get more money and time required, only to achieve an ugly grid and embarrassing cars; at worst you give very rich people with lots of time even further significant advantage.

Mike.S
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Sep 2012 06:33 PM
Oh, and Hoosiers are OK on a street car? In "Street" classes aero is not legal.

PS. Does your car have actual doors or a roof? :)
boss002

--
06 Sep 2012 05:51 PM

For being a newb in the world of SP I just say stick to what's current. It seems that all the real SP cars pretty much already have the huge lexan spoilers and anyone who doesn't just hasn't committed to a full SP build, or just don't like the looks? Either way I wont be interfering with the opinions of the people who actually nationally compete in SP. Heck I just want to make my car look like a 00 Cobra R

DrJones_CMR
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
10 Sep 2012 07:38 AM
cbramey wrote:

because I think it is ugly and don't even run in SP 

what he really thinks ^^
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner