46 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
cdres

--
10 Sep 2012 01:45 PM
I like my aero and I like the way it looks, soo....
SMSupercoupe
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
24 Sep 2012 08:16 AM
So the recommendation is to allow the removal of factory wings and spoilers. That seems about tailor made for my car, so I'm all for it--it'll make it a ton easier to add a NASCAR-type spoiler that way.
TeamRX8
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
27 Sep 2012 10:52 PM
I still can't comprehend how members who have been doing this for as long as they have still think that Street Prepared implies anything to do with the vehicles that run there being streetable. It's just a class category name. Nothing more. The only real streetable class categories are Stock, Street Touring, and Road Tire. Not that you can't have a streetable car in the other classes, but either they're not likely to be competitive or their build date preceded emission controls, etc.
Brigdh

--
28 Sep 2012 01:44 AM
TeamRX8 wrote:
I still can't comprehend how members who have been doing this for as long as they have still think that Street Prepared implies anything to do with the vehicles that run there being streetable. It's just a class category name. Nothing more. The only real streetable class categories are Stock, Street Touring, and Road Tire. Not that you can't have a streetable car in the other classes, but either they're not likely to be competitive or their build date preceded emission controls, etc.

Perhaps its because that was the original intent of the class, and in many parts of the country you can get away with many of the SP allowances on a street vehicle despite their illegality?

While the rules of the Street Prepared Category have remained essentially
the same, the laws governing various aspects of street-driven
vehicles have changed over time. The original concept of this category
as made up predominantly of street-driven vehicles
has been rendered
inappropriate. The SCCA does not encourage or condone the breaking
of laws governing pollution control systems or the alteration of streetdriven
vehicles contrary to state and federal laws regarding their use. It
continues to be the responsibility of the individual to comply with such
state and federal laws.

My emphasis applied.

JBrettHowell

--
28 Sep 2012 07:21 AM
Brigdh wrote:
TeamRX8 wrote:

Perhaps its because that was the original intent of the class, and in many parts of the country you can get away with many of the SP allowances on a street vehicle despite their illegality?

While the rules of the Street Prepared Category have remained essentially
the same, the laws governing various aspects of street-driven
vehicles have changed over time. The original concept of this category
as made up predominantly of street-driven vehicles has been rendered
inappropriate
. The SCCA does not encourage or condone the breaking
of laws governing pollution control systems or the alteration of streetdriven
vehicles contrary to state and federal laws regarding their use. It
continues to be the responsibility of the individual to comply with such
state and federal laws.

My emphasis applied.

Applied some emphasis of my own...

wrightcomputing

--
19 Nov 2012 09:03 PM
Well I have submitted a letter to allow Dealer body parts not just factory. I'm my case the Mazda speed wing
TeamRX8
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
23 Nov 2012 05:11 PM
in case anyone missed it in the Nov/2012 Fastrack:

ITEM 17) Change 15.2.B:

Factory rub strips, emblems, mud flaps, rear wings or rear spoilers may be removed.

Comment: This is a portion of the “Option 2” proposal, which is not being recommended in its entirety. Member input on both sides of the Option 2 discussion indicated support for this specific item. As most cars in SP have the option to remove wings via update/backdate, this change will not affect very may vehicles.
June 2012

ITEM 18) Remove the fourth sentence from 15.2.I:

“The intent of this allowance is to accommodate commonly available appearance kits, and replicas thereof, which have no significant aerodynamic function at Solo speeds.”
June 2012
Comment: This retains current aero allowances, and removes the ‘intent’ wording.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner