Blytheville
 7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
edrice

--
12 Jun 2012 01:19 PM

I went to Blytheville with the same over confidence I had when I went to my first autocross 4 years ago. I had the mistaken idea

that I would be a mid-packer but after the first run I down graded my expectations to not finishing last. That also proved to be
    overly optimistic. So with the clock showing that I had a lot to learn I started introducing myself to my fellow competitors and
    asking questions. Everyone was very friendly and willing to give advice on how to improve. I saw Darrin DiSimo getting ready
    to do a course walk and asked him if he would share his Miata setup with me. He spent the entire 15 minutes of the walk telling
    me everything in detail and answered all of my questions.

Everyone liked the course and said it had the fast open feel of a National course. Corey tried out a few of the elements
    on the last event we had at Grenada.

Saw a lot of people I already know and got to know many new fellow SCCA members.
    It was a great weekend and I will go back for the TriState in the fall, I'm sure I'll be a mid-packer by then....

tgeorge
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Jun 2012 01:50 PM
    Sounds like it was alot of fun. My one and only national event experience was very similar. Was Chris Becker there? I thought I heard him say he was going to run the new road tire class.
    JBrown96

--
    12 Jun 2012 03:31 PM
    Had a great time... even tho 4 straight days of National level autocrossing takes a toll on me... I did my best on day 4 / 2 of the tour. Great to see drivers I normally only get to compete with once or twice a year..before Nationals.
    edrice

--
    12 Jun 2012 04:04 PM
    tgeorge wrote:
    Sounds like it was alot of fun. My one and only national event experience was very similar. Was Chris Becker there? I thought I heard him say he was going to run the new road tire class.

Didn't see Chris there though there were several people from the Huntsville Area there.

edrice

--
    12 Jun 2012 04:26 PM
    JBrown96 wrote:
    Had a great time... even tho 4 straight days of National level autocrossing takes a toll on me... I did my best on day 4 / 2 of the tour. Great to see drivers I normally only get to compete with once or twice a year..before Nationals.

Were you driving the #98 Red Miata in STS? If so congratulations on your second place finish. STS really impressed me with your times being just slightly behind the best times of STR.

nighthawksi04
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Jun 2012 09:11 AM
    tgeorge wrote:

I didn't end up going unfortunately. My co-driver changed his mind about going, something about becoming a responsible adult and having other obligations... And there was only one entry in the Road Tire AWD class, so it wouldn't have been really worth the drive if there was not much competition.

I too have had similar experiences at national events. If I don't finish last, I walk away satisfied.

JBrown96

--
    14 Jun 2012 10:30 AM
    ERice wrote:
    JBrown96 wrote:

Were you driving the #98 Red Miata in STS? If so congratulations on your second place finish. STS really impressed me with your times being just slightly behind the best times of STR.

Yep, that was me. Its a hidden agenda for STS to try our best to "out do" STR.. And Im sure STR is doing all they can to make sure we dont... lol

flohtingPoint
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Jun 2012 02:21 PM
    Blytheville never disappoints. Last year the best courses I drove were there, this year is no exception. I did both Spring Nats and Summer Nats and Summer was 10x more fun.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner