Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 07 Jan 2010 10:33 AM by  FWR Solo D
DATE CHANGE!!! 1-16-10 (Saturday) Truck Cleaning Party - Burrrrr....
 11 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
FWR Solo D

--
23 Dec 2009 11:38 AM

Hello Members!

First, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Second, we have scheduled a truck cleaning party for ( IS NOT January 17th) IT IS JANUARY 16th!!!, 2010 at 12:00 PM. The plan is to use Steve Meiritz's barn with a heating device that will make it feel like the Bahamas...so we hope :P But, at this time, I do not want to wait until Spring to see what is bad and good. We know that we have a bad generator off the bat. But we need to know now if anything else has gone bad or needs some TLC.

Here is the address to Steve's house:

3220 Easterday Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46818

3220 Easterday Rd
    Fort Wayne, IN 46818

maps.google.com
    Get direction

I hope you all can make it! Still deciding on what we should do for eating - maybe pizza's? or grill some burgers on a grill? I have a nice Weber we could use to cook them in the Barn...

nomadeg

--
    23 Dec 2009 12:56 PM

I think we should have a rally cross in Steve's yard. It would be good PR.

CSP137

--
    24 Dec 2009 06:58 AM
    nomadeg wrote:

It would be a pretty small track! I would vote for pizza. Draggin a grill around and all that goes with it would be a pain. Just my $.02

FWR Solo D

--
    24 Dec 2009 10:54 AM
    CSP137 wrote:
    nomadeg wrote:

It would be a pretty small track! I would vote for pizza. Draggin a grill around and all that goes with it would be a pain. Just my $.02

Cool...FYI - the grill I own is a portable one. It runs off a torch propane tank. You can grill like 10 burgers at one time though. Either way doe not matter to me :P

flogger

--
    24 Dec 2009 11:26 AM

Jason,

I'll be unable to attend as I have other plans I made months ago, but I have some questions/thoughts.

1. Is the generator repairable? I remember it's noisy compared to some of the more modern ones, but is there a budget friendly solution to this short of replacement?

2. Same thing WRT the air compressor. IIRC it was flakey at some point last season. Maybe that was the year before. I don't remember. Is it OK now?

3. Are our loaner helmets OK? With the rules change for 2010 (don't get me started on lack of SA2010 helmet availability), the only immediate problem would be if they're M95s. I just don't know.

4. Have the timing lights been repaired and tested? I understand the issue is with the cables.

5. IIRC, at the last event of the season there was a problem with the printer. I think I remember Rainer saying it was a port issue. He got it to work eventually, but I'm pretty sure that was one of the major delays at the event. Has this been resolved permanently?

6. I'd really like it if we had a gas powered leaf blower for helping to clear the course, but I'm guessing right now is probably not the best time to spend money on it.

7. Just how reliable is the truck? Does it need any maintenance? Sta-Bil? It'd really suck if the truck couldn't make it to an event.

Thanks for organizing this stuff, Jason, and the use of your barn, Steve.

Scott

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24 Dec 2009 07:24 PM

If you read the last Fast Track the M95 helmets are still good this year. Apparently both the M-2005 and M-2010 standard helmets are current this year and Snell will continue to certify M-2005 helmets until June of next year. Therefore the M95 standard helmet is still good for at least this year. You can find this adjustment to the rules for 2010 on page 6 of January's Fast Track. If we do have any M95 loaner helmets they are still good this year but we should consider trying to get some new ones to replace the M-95's before the end of the year so we do not have to worry about it next year.

As for the generator the motor is dead. It can be rebuilt but by the time that is done we would only be saving a few hundred dollars over buying a new Honda generator and it will still be noisy and not necessarily reliable. We could be doing this again in a year or two. Already been discussed at the Solo meeting earlier this month and it was decided our best option would be get a new Honda generator.

flogger

--
    31 Dec 2009 09:34 AM

Bart,

Thanks for filling me in on the FastTrack re: M95 helmets. I didn't know they'd be good for this year.

A new, reliable, quiet generator makes sense. (Insert random Honda joke here.)

Am I remembering right about the compressor? I usually bring my own and an air tank, but I remember I accidentally hit the release valve on my tank (OOPS!) at one event and wanted to top it off from the Region's compressor and it wasn't working. Now I can't remember if this got resolved, or if this happened this year or last year, or if maybe the problem wasn't just lack of power from Kruse's outlet or something.

Scott

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Jan 2010 07:15 PM
    flogger wrote:

Bart,

Thanks for filling me in on the FastTrack re: M95 helmets. I didn't know they'd be good for this year.

A new, reliable, quiet generator makes sense. (Insert random Honda joke here.)

Am I remembering right about the compressor? I usually bring my own and an air tank, but I remember I accidentally hit the release valve on my tank (OOPS!) at one event and wanted to top it off from the Region's compressor and it wasn't working. Now I can't remember if this got resolved, or if this happened this year or last year, or if maybe the problem wasn't just lack of power from Kruse's outlet or something.

Scott

You're right about the compressor, it is pretty much broken. Unfortunately it is not a high priority to replace it. We still have limited amounts of money and while we made money we have to show we can pay for the equipment we want to buy. I believe the idea to start coming up with spare money for the equipment we need or would like to have is to restart the equipment fund. If the idea goes through $1 or $2 of each competors entrance fee next year would go into the equipment fund so we can start buying the things we would like to get. Some of the higher priorities right now is a new generator, timing head cords, and new timing software (Axware). The new generator needs to be the first new equipment we look at because without a generator we can't run an event. Timing cords are pretty much the same thing. If we have a good successful year this year next year or the year after we can start looking at getting some other niceties.

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Jan 2010 07:30 PM

A Google Earth image of where Steve's house is.

Steve's House

CSP137

--
    05 Jan 2010 10:26 PM
    Ever get the feeling you're being watched?
    RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    06 Jan 2010 05:58 PM

I think that image is about 3 years old...didn't you remove the above ground pool? The image (on Google Maps) of my property shows a mobile home out front on my property. I was told it was moved a year before we bought the property (about 3 years ago).

FWR Solo D

--
    07 Jan 2010 10:33 AM

EVERYONE - WE NEEDED TO CHANGE THE DATE TO THE TRUCK CLEANING PARTY!

IT WILL BE JANUARY 16TH (SATURDAY) - INSTEAD OF THE 17TH.

I WILL BE SENDING A BULK EMAIL OUT TO ALL MEMBERS/NON-MEMBERS WITH THE INFORMATION.

SORRY FOR ANY ISSUES THIS MAY CAUSE!

SEAN WILL UPDATE WEBSITE AS SOON AS HE CAN.

Thanks,

Jason

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner