Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
TedDBere
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Jul 2012 12:30 PM
    I can see in the upper right that I have one, but when I click on it I get taken to my profile page that says no messages. What gives? FYI.
    chrishost

--
    06 Jul 2012 01:10 PM
    Likely an old message that was read a long time ago, I'll check the database and reset it if so.
    TedDBere
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Jul 2012 02:41 PM
    Sorry Chris, still not working. Had to go to CF to communicate with the sender...:(

Can't see my messages ever since the new message format went into play. FWIW.
    chrishost

--
    16 Jul 2012 02:42 PM
    Just sent you a test message, let me know if you get it.
    TedDBere
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Jul 2012 04:08 PM
    Chris Host wrote:
    Just sent you a test message, let me know if you get it.

The little blue box in the upper right says I have two messages now, but when I click on it it take me to my message center and everything is zeros no matter what I click on. ?????

chrishost

--
    16 Jul 2012 04:38 PM
    Alright, definitely a bug :(
    TedDBere
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    17 Jul 2012 09:07 AM
    Chris Host wrote:
    Alright, definitely a bug :(

If it helps you any Chris, I did get the e-mail notification letting me know I had a message....

Mike.S
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Jul 2012 10:01 PM
    Same problem here. Got an email notifications and can actually see the messages. But, of course, can't reply to it.

See the number "2" on the upper right notification panel indicating I have two new messages. When clicking on it, see "0 of 0 Messages" and generally garbled panel.

Please help!
    Mike.S
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jul 2012 05:12 PM
    Anybody home?

A more interesting question is this. Why are you guys fighting with this forum engine? It appears to be by far the worst engine I've seen and the constant problems we are having clearly bear witness to that.

Not that I'm an expert, but why not switch to one of several good and proven forum engines that will keep both administrators and users happy? I mean, ability for users to connect with each other is an absolute basic need for any social forum, no? This basic functionality has been non-existent for at least a year, probably longer.

Any thoughts or comments would be _greatly_ appreciate it. If any help is needed, just say so, I'm sure enough IT people will step forward to help.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    22 Jul 2012 05:43 PM
    Yes, we are home, enjoying the weekend....

The messaging bug I have been unable to track down just yet. It only appears to affect some users, though I do not know how many. I am working on finding a fix for this.

The software isn't going away unless one or multiple of the following things happen.

1) I get fired from DotNetNuke Corporation
    2) I get fired by Dave Schotz (owns sccaforums.com)

christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    22 Jul 2012 06:08 PM
    I just rolled out a new build of the messaging, it appears to fix the issue, please let me know if you still experience problems.
    Mike.S
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jul 2012 11:46 PM
    Chris, this, indeed, fixed the issue, thanks!

Not being privy to interrelationships between parties involved... let me just say that I can only emphasize in this case. Have not seen this particular engine on other forums, nor had any issues like we have had with PMs so can only offer help and hope for the best.
    TedDBere
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Jul 2012 12:38 PM
    Works great, thanks Chris. Any way to delete messages or are they archived forever...somewhere in the cloud???
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Jul 2012 01:05 PM
    Looks like just archive but I am digging in to see if I am just not finding the option
    Mike.S
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    26 Jul 2012 05:56 PM
    Chris, I also want to thank you - the messages work fine now!

We all bitch and moan when something's broken. I want to make sure that you know how much your effort is actually appreciated.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner