Hotel Recommendations for National Tour
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
TurfBurn

--
12 Jul 2012 12:10 PM

Any recommendations or "definite don't stay there" hotels for the National Tour in Peru at the end of the month?

Thanks!

Steve

clockracer

--
    12 Jul 2012 04:19 PM

I'm at the Motel 6 Kokomo. It's nothing fancy but it's relatively convenient, clean and cheap. Kokomo is more convenient to dinner spots than Peru. I've stayed there many times before but it's been a couple years since the last time.

See you in RTR.

John

Clemens
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Jul 2012 12:54 PM

I typically stay at the Days Inn in Kokomo when I stay at a hotel. There are places that are closer since it is on the south side of Kokomo, but it is one of the less expensive hotels, and it is reasonably clean with a decent breakfast. There are also a number of restaurants nearby.

Clemens

tuskenraider
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Jul 2012 01:01 PM
    I had a "don't go" place, The Garden Inn, that I ended up in on a Hot Wire purchase at the last tour there. It appears to be gone now. The ONLY redeeming thing was that it was right behind Half Moon Restaurant & Brewery. If I hadn't had a roommate, I'd have left and ate the money. Truely scary, lol.
    TurfBurn

--
    13 Jul 2012 05:00 PM
    I appreciate the feedback everyone. Hopefully get something booked this weekend. Thanks!
    Clemens
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Jul 2012 05:41 PM

Here are some additional options:

- Best Western Circus City Inn, on US31 just outside Peru a few miles north of the site: close to the site, one of the nicer hotels, one of the more expensive

- Knights Inn, across the street from the Best Western in Pero: close to the site, inexpensive, no breakfast

- Grissom Inn: closest to the site on the old base, can't say much since I have never stayed there

Peru is closer and does have couple dinner options, but not nearly the same selection as Kokomo. You need to decide what's important to you (price, distance from the site, cleanliness, dinner choices, breakfast, pool, etc.).

Clemens

mtownbutterfly

--
    16 Jul 2012 06:18 PM

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index....12668834E2

There are some hotels listed on motorsportsreg.com under the National Tour event.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner