55 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123
Author Messages
Bigblockbandit

--
28 Jan 2010 12:51 PM
I may be the only one on the planet yet who does not use facebook...
SpeedTeacher

--
28 Jan 2010 08:59 PM

Bigblockbandit wrote:

You are...

wrheadle

--
29 Jan 2010 09:14 AM
SpeedTeacher wrote:

Bigblockbandit wrote:

You are...

Not quite... David can't work the mouse yet, but he's only 17 months old. Give him another couple of months to work on his motor skills, then you'll be the only one. [:)]

And once he gets those motor skills figured out, I've got some other "motor" skillz to teach him... [:D]

Bigblockbandit

--
30 Jan 2010 07:47 AM

That would really hurt if it came from anyone other that a guy running 15" bias ply gummies and a carb! Guess that make me some kind of anitsocial-technophobe.

I'll add it to my list of things I'm working on learning, fuel injection, posting avitars, i-pods, my cell phone and the laptop I picked up to download the information off the boys Mychron 4 data loggers on the karts. Im really pushing the limits of my ability...

Its like putting 5 gallons of information in a thimble, I'm afraid i may loose a little somewhere.

wrheadle

--
30 Jan 2010 03:36 PM

Bigblockbandit wrote:
I'll add it to my list of things I'm working on learning, fuel injection, posting avitars, i-pods, my cell phone and the laptop I picked up to download the information off the boys Mychron 4 data loggers on the karts.

When you figure out the fuelie stuff, please teach me.

VerizonGuy

--
30 Jan 2010 08:02 PM
Bigblockbandit wrote:

I'll add it to my list of things I'm working on learning, fuel injection, posting avitars, i-pods, my cell phone and the laptop I picked up to download the information off the boys Mychron 4 data loggers on the karts. Im really pushing the limits of my ability...

Have the boys learn it, they can probly pick it up pretty fast [:)]

wrheadle

--
04 Feb 2010 01:01 PM
Is anyone planning to make a proposal to the board this month to change the formula for the SMS index?
FWR Solo D

--
04 Feb 2010 07:31 PM

I was going to - i think someone has wrote a reply on here how it would need to read (leafing through previous posts).

wrheadle

--
05 Feb 2010 01:31 PM

FWR Solo D wrote:
I was going to - i think someone has wrote a reply on here how it would need to read (leafing through previous posts)

'Twas me. See below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If we go this route, the proposal to the Board for a policies and procedures change would look something like this:

Old text:

4.1.2.1.2 The Class Index for SMT is the average of the Class Indexes of STU and SM as published under the RTP/PAX Index for the current competition year on the Chicago Region Website.

New text (change in bold):

4.1.2.1.2 The Class Index for SMT is equivalent to 97.5% of the SM index as published under the RTP/PAX Index for the current competition year on the Chicago Region Website.

chriskrumnow

--
09 Feb 2010 11:24 AM

I think we should go with the exactly what INDY region does. Our success this year is heavily tied to Grissom. No one brings more people to Grissom than INDY. I would also suggest that we stick with Peppler's idea to go with INDY's points championship for the same reason.

Chris

bmonnin1
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Feb 2010 05:31 PM
chriskrumnow wrote:

I think we should go with the exactly what INDY region does. Our success this year is heavily tied to Grissom. No one brings more people to Grissom than INDY. I would also suggest that we stick with Peppler's idea to go with INDY's points championship for the same reason.

Chris

I don't know what INDY region does exactly but I do know that whatever they do they probably do a good job at it, one of the reason's they are so successful. I definately agree that we should look at what INDY does and if it fits Fort Wayne also then we should probably adopt at least some if not all of it. If someone can post what INDY does I would like to see it.

Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Feb 2010 05:58 PM

Thats easy, just go to Indy SCCA website, go to Solo, then click on Solo Award Rules.

http://www.indyscca.org/SoloFiles/2...sRules.pdf

I'm just saying instead of bashing our heads to agree on a new set of rules, lets just start with a proven system. Then suggest changes over next off-season to tweak once we have our own experience. It keeps it simple [:D]

bmonnin1
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Feb 2010 04:05 PM
Peppler33CS wrote:

Thats easy, just go to Indy SCCA website, go to Solo, then click on Solo Award Rules.

http://www.indyscca.org/SoloFiles/2...sRules.pdf

I'm just saying instead of bashing our heads to agree on a new set of rules, lets just start with a proven system. Then suggest changes over next off-season to tweak once we have our own experience. It keeps it simple [:D]

Read the rules over and I am for it. Would we include the rule for qualifying by having to work at least once in registration, set-up, tear-down, ect.? I think it is a good idea.

Cobra

--
11 Feb 2010 01:07 PM
We're having our Feb Solo Committee meeting tonight. Chuck shot over a copy of his proposal and we're going to discuss it tonight. If the other regions with Street Mod Street Tire classes adopt it, I see no reason why we wouldn't do it as well. Everyone I've spoken with seems to be in agreement that we should be using the same index across all the regions to make things more inviting for the competitors.
FWR Solo D

--
11 Feb 2010 02:23 PM

Agreed - SMT index would be nice to be the same in all regions.

Doing the SM with ST multiplier would be the best layout. simple math and excel sheet is already mapped this way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for our region solo event points method:

What if we adopt the GLSS method or how SVR does it.

GLSS:

We have a spread sheet where we can just import the names and times. Everything else gets figured automatically.

Each class winner will get 100 points, max possible points is 500 for the year.

Points/Day=100-(900*(Entrants Time-Class Winning Time/Day)

(Class Winning Time/Day)

Using GLSS method keeps us inline with the what the division is doing.

SVR:

SVR has used a straight percentage. They have a minimum of 500 points for last place. The winner gets 1000 and the rest get a percentage of the winner’s time. They do not use the 90% equation that the series uses. SVR’s is the simplest because it is a percentage.

Example:

Winner gets a 42.987 = 1000 points

Second gets a 43.666 = 984 points

Formula: 42.987 divided by 43.666 = .984 (carry decimal over 1000 to = 984 pts)

Both methods would be use best of 5 events is Class winner. Which from my understanding what we presently do. Keep it simple right. I am not sure how much simple this could be.

Year End Trophies:

Same - If you did at least 5 events, you get a trophy with all your places on it....if you won your class, it says class champion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So - I will make a new post on this. I have spoken to 3-4 others and they seem this is a right move. Just which method do you like better for the points? GLSS (this is our division and their method) or SVR - where the 90% rule is taken out?

I will post a direct link to the new forum thread I am posting up. I will also print of the notes I have on this (very simple on the eyes) for the 2-17 BoD/Member meeting and will attach the notes to the new thread for you to review. We really need to keep it simple. If you have a simple way of doing it - more will volunteer to help and more newbies with come and play.

Cheers

Cobra

--
12 Feb 2010 09:00 AM
FWR Solo D wrote:

Year End Trophies:

Same - If you did at least 5 events, you get a trophy with all your places on it....if you won your class, it says class champion.

As a quick aside on this, we also talked about this last night at Solo Committee. Velma Boreen brought up the SVR year end trophy idea for us and it sounds like an awesome idea. Not sure what our Trophy Chief will do yet as she is still doing some research on awards for us.

Also we've tentatively adopted the adjusted SMS PAX change. I have it up on our forums for discussion but so far it looks universally accepted. If presenting it to the board that we're going with it will help it pass then by all means go for it. [:)]

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner