G-LOC Brakes
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 28 Aug 2012 08:50 PM by  steveR
Important Information Regarding INR Upcoming Solo Events!
 9 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
STX Lee
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Aug 2012 02:27 PM
    The Majestic Star lot will not be available until further notice. Majestic has signed a contract with BP to let them use that parking lot for storage of equipment that is being used for a project that will be going through the area. Majestic Star has been great to INR in the past and we hope to be able to return to Majestic Star in the near future. We will run the rest of our events including the August 19th event at Portage High School.
    steveR
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Aug 2012 06:21 PM
    Oh no!
    STX Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Aug 2012 08:18 PM
    Just glad we have another place to race.
    BlackCavalier52
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Aug 2012 10:25 AM
    This is heartbreaking... I guess we'd be wise to be on the lookout for possible venues?
    STX Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Aug 2012 11:17 AM
    BlackCavalier52 wrote:This is heartbreaking... I guess we'd be wise to be on the lookout for possible venues?

We are my friend. Gabe I know you like to cruise the back roads and industrial areas, so keep an eye out.
    steveR
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Aug 2012 11:26 AM
    How about the old Portage K Mart next close to the high school?
    Granted it does have a few islands, but it's a decent size lot...
    Joe T

--
    13 Aug 2012 08:39 PM

This is very disappointing. I've been wracking my brain since I found out, trying to think of another good lot, but nothing as enormous as Majestic Star comes to mind. I even starting looking at the overhead view on Google maps trying to find something, lol.

The only place I can think of is Illiana Speedway. They have the infield 1/4 mile oval with an X going through the center. Some pretty cool courses could be made on that. The downside is they have their own races Saturday nights, so we couldn't set up the day before. Our October dates may work, though. They don't have races in October, but do have a swap meet there on the 20th (day before our last event).

BlackCavalier52
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Aug 2012 12:00 AM
    I wanna know what kinda stuff they'll be hauling in... that entrance tunnel is only 12' high and not too wide. Barging in it perhaps? It just doesn't makes sense...

Side note, K Mart in St John should also be vacant.
    kkirchof

--
    28 Aug 2012 07:03 PM

I see that Chicago PCA runs at Balmoral Park a couple of time per season. Has anyone run there? I appears to be about the same distance for me as Majestic is.

steveR
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Aug 2012 08:50 PM
    I haven't run there, but it is a pretty sizable lot.
    I'd be worried about surface condition, and weather it falls in our region map though..
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner