Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
about350
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Aug 2012 04:38 PM

Hey guys I recently came across another great chance to get on Road Atlanta for a couple of days. The Nov 17-18 event is held by MVP Track Time with no membership fees or dues. It's either 250 for one day or 400 for two. The days consist of 3 groups (Beg-Inter-Advance) beginner having instructors available free of charge. They guarantee 6- 20min sessions on Road Atlanta each day, which according to forza is around 8-11 laps per session = 50-60 laps per day! Passing limited to straights by point by only. I personally feel this is the best deal cause you can do only one day if finances are short and still get 60 laps in, also you can spend the second day making the wife happy shopping around atlanta..hint ...hint

The second option would be the Nasa Southeast region event held Nov 30-Dec 2. The track time 400 for weekend would include 4- 30 min HPDE sessions for the whole weekend. I think its 2 sessions a day...not for sure though. You would have to register as NASA member then pay the 400 entry fee. One advantage to the NASA event is getting to watch actual amatuer races held in many different classes including Spec Miata, Honda challenge, American Iron (Mustang vs Camaro Challenge) and many more.

Just check their websites for more details and any questions. I will signing up for the MVP track day due to the amount of track time.

DJF1GP
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Aug 2012 06:26 PM
    i'm in, i would like to see the races but MVP is far better value is if it can be counted in my log book. whichever everyone wants to do, im ok with either
    CDS

--
    15 Aug 2012 06:52 PM
    I'm interested. I assume I could run my CRX race car. Would be a great way to use up the rest of my old race tires. I'll need to get a new helmet though, but I need one anyway. Road Atlanta is a fun track. I've done some semi-fast laps there in a stock miata with street tires, but nothing flat out. I wonder if they use the full track or the shorter club course?
    about350
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Aug 2012 01:05 PM

I was reading up on MVPs site and noticed that the advanced group is for licensed drivers or race cars primarily.

I know NASA can sign off in log books, im not sure that MVP can. NASA being a organization and MVP is more like a club. Shoot MVP an email and see what they say. I emailed Mark yesterday with MVP and he responded very quick. Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com

about350
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Aug 2012 01:06 PM
    oh the course for both track days would be full course
    tgeorge
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Aug 2012 01:12 PM
    no one going to USGP?
    georgebpainter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Aug 2012 07:47 PM
    Talked to Bishop - think we are both on for Nov. 17/18 at RA.
    Feffman

--
    19 Aug 2012 11:17 PM

Hi All:

Just thought I'd drop in to answer any quesitons about MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com). Our goal is safe, fun events with maximum track time.

We assing run groups based on experience, both overall and at a specific venue. Our Advanced group is for experienced HPDE drivers and drivers with racing licenses as we allow passing (with a point by) in designated turns and straights for the advanced run group. Novice and Intermediate run group drivers can pass (again with a point by) on designated straights.

Feel free to call me at (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer

about350
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Aug 2012 09:48 AM
    The Scion is registered for the weekend of Nov 17-18. Hope to see everyone there. Thanks Mark for the quick replys with registration and my questions.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner