PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 25 Jan 2010 06:06 PM by  boardkat
DOT rain tires? Kumho W710 vs Hoosier DOT radial wet?
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
EricH

--
25 Jan 2010 02:44 PM

I can't find any info comparingnthese two tires - anyone have input they can share?

thanks

boardkat
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Jan 2010 04:13 PM
    EricH wrote:

I can't find any info comparingnthese two tires - anyone have input they can share?

thanks

quick comparison:
    hoosier pays contingency
    kumho doesn't
    [:D]

but seriously, i'd like to see more people run a W710 for autox to set a benchmark. i think scott mchugh still runs V710's, but i swear i saw him with HWets on when it got cold/wet in wendover last year. although it wasn't his car, and he might not have been on hoosiers in the dry either. and we all know those HWets get hard and crusty relatively quickly after first use. i wonder if the kumho's are the same? but living up here in the PNW, i can tell you that often the tire isn't the limiting factor in the rain. the nut behind the wheel makes the biggest difference! which is why i've personally matched my wet tires with my dry ones in the past, if only to retain that pipe dream of potentially free tires [:P]

cashmo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    25 Jan 2010 05:11 PM

FYI, the OP was talking about road racing not Solo. I'm afraid the same circumstances apply though, very few people have much experience on rain tires of any brand much less back to back comparisons in the same conditions.

Jeff

boardkat
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Jan 2010 06:06 PM
    cashmo wrote:

FYI, the OP was talking about road racing not Solo. I'm afraid the same circumstances apply though, very few people have much experience on rain tires of any brand much less back to back comparisons in the same conditions.

Jeff

bah, that's what i get for not checking the forum it was posted in!! [:S]
    carry on... [:#]
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner