2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Tom O'Gorman

--
21 Aug 2012 06:52 PM

Indy Region,

I'm here to invite you down to the Cincinnati Region PAX Challenge on Sunday, September 16th. The format is simple: regular runs in the morning/early afternoon, then each region present nominates 3 drivers to compete in the PAX Challenge. Each of those drivers receives 2 more runs, PAX times are calculated, and the region with the best combined time is the winner! Last year, it was Cincy, Central Kentucky, Western Ohio, and a misfit team (made up of St. Louis, Indy, and OVR) with the misfit team managing to take the win. This year, we're hoping to add Indy and OVR to the list of regions competing.

This event is at Wilmington Airborne Airpark, run on the perfectly smooth, high-grip asphalt employee lot just outside the airport itself. While the employee lot is a great site (video here), our eyes are set on the large concrete pad inside the airport - think Toledo Express Airport, but bigger. We're hoping for big things for this venue next season. The City of Wilmington has been very gracious to welcome us at this venue, with support from local food vendors and the City Council. Securing this site would open up the opportunity for more Divisional and National level events in this part of the country and we're hoping to show the city how these large events would benefit the City of Wilmington. So come on down for a rematch of the Tri-State Challenge and support this great site! Registration is limited to 130 entrants due to paddock limitations, so be sure to get your entry in early!

t walgamuth
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Aug 2012 06:25 AM
    Sounds like fun! I will try to be ready to compete in this one! Traditionally I have always done best on low grip tracks.
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Aug 2012 12:07 PM
    Sounds like fun but I won't be able to make it. Too close to Nationals, and Indy has an event on the 23rd.
    I have a feeling the wife would keel me if I snuck this one in too.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner