Sunoco 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 11 Oct 2012 01:11 PM by  georgebpainter
Columbus AFB September 15/16 Cancelled!!!!!!!!!
 14 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
about350
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
01 Sep 2012 10:15 PM

It's time once again for a good warm event at Columbus AFB . The event will be held at Columbus Air Force Base on the SAC Ramp September 15/16

In order to attend the events at CAFB we need a completed Military Base Access Form emailed to the club email : MSSCCA@gmail.com. For all members who sent information for our last Columbus event, you do not have to resend a MBAF. The cutoff date for all entry forms will be Tuesday September 11 at 9pm. REMEMBER we need those forms if you plan on attending! All Military and Government Contractors with issued CAC cards do not have to send information.

We need everyone on your best behavior. See our information regarding being on CAFB here http://www.msscca.org/Columbus.html . We have a fantastic site and wanna keep it. If you have any questions feel free to email.

A big thanks goes to Senior Airman Ross Crimaldi for making all of our CAFB events happen.

about350
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Sep 2012 01:15 PM

We have finished the Final list for the Columbus Sept 15/16 event. Please make sure your name and vehicle is on the list. If you do not see your name or vehilce please email us ASAP.

Final List

about350
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Sep 2012 07:21 PM
    Sorry guys we just got word today that our event will be cancelled. The Wing Commander has not signed our new contract which allows us use of the Airbase. We are kinda S.O.L until he can sign the new contract.
    edrice

--
    12 Sep 2012 08:13 PM
    My hands are starting to shake, think I'll go to B'ham Sunday for a AutoX fix.
    georgebpainter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Sep 2012 09:42 PM
    Well, this IS disappointing:
    but - we've had other events cancelled over the years on short notice - ie. - most notably 9/11/2001-
    and a few other minor things like - space shuttle transfers from the west coast - BinLadin's demise - Presidents/VP's/ VIP's and other whose'its.
    I expect/hope this will get sorted out soon.

In the mean time - this situation just brings back to the surface - we constantly need to be looking for other suitable locations.
    Who do you know? What connection to a possible site do they have - and will they lead us to the person who can say "YES".

email me - georgebpainter@aol.com
    nighthawksi04
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Sep 2012 10:53 PM

I think this is really a conspiracy by Trey. Because of the event cancellation, I can't finish behind Trey at any of the last 4 events and still beat him for the year end points. How convenient, Mr. Williams.....

georgebpainter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Sep 2012 06:50 PM
    I'm sure the cancellation is really frustrating for Ross - he's been working for six months on getting the SCCA use agreement renewed for a five year period - instead of the one year term we've been under for the last two years. Previously we'd been under a five year agreement.
    All the new five year paperwork had been approved by everyone required at CAFB and signed off by Daniel as the MSSCCA representative ---- next we heard - it was kicked back to the Judge Advocate Generals office.
    Go figure -------------.
    Y2E0L0L5OGWT69
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Sep 2012 05:21 PM
    Hopefully the use agreement gets all ironed out before the October 20/21 at CFB as I was going to be in Alabama all that week. I am planning on attending said event with Mr. Becker, so I look forward to seeing everyone there if we get the kinks ironed out.
    edrice

--
    28 Sep 2012 06:56 PM

Any idea when the Oct. CAFB event will be confirmed?

DJF1GP
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    29 Sep 2012 10:23 AM
    Not yet, still no word from the base. Ill check on it this week, Ross is on his way to Qatar as we speak i believe.
    edrice

--
    09 Oct 2012 07:08 PM

Got a email from SCCA about events in my area, the Columbus Autocross 10/20-21 was listed.

Tri-State looks like it will be fun. I'm going back and hope that I will not be the only person from

Mississippi there.

spdoran

--
    09 Oct 2012 09:18 PM
    What is the word thus far on the 20/21 because I know we all have the itch by now. And will you please post a link to the tri-state information?
    tgeorge
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Oct 2012 11:13 AM
    Last I heard it was not looking good for 20/21. We will keep everyone updated as soon as we know.
    georgebpainter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Oct 2012 01:09 PM
    Word is that the October 20/21 CAFB event MAY ------ MAY ------ happen.
    If you are not on the base access form or you are not sure - go to MSSCCA.org and get on the list.

If you haven't recieved an email notice you are not on our MSSCCA email blast list - email Skip.
    georgebpainter@aol.com
    georgebpainter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Oct 2012 01:11 PM
    All the information on the TriState National Tour event in Blytheville located at SCCA.Com - click on SOLO on the main page.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner