You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
fenter
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Sep 2012 02:12 PM

Hi all,

I am selling a lightly used set of BFGoodrich R1-S. Set of 4 tires, size: 235/40-17. 5 total runs on them. Current year build date, however I will have to check later to give the exact date code.

Based on the tires appearance and feedback from others who have run them this season they should be expected to last notably longer than Hoosiers. I will be updated my other thread indicating that these tires are not as fast as the Hoosiers, however to someone looking for more runs/dollar these may be the best thing going. If you are on the fence about buying a new set this used set may be the way to go before commiting to a new set.

Looking for $450 for the set plus shipping or best offer.

I can bring them to Milwaukee event number #8 or meet in advance if you would like to run them during the event.

Thanks!

Chris

OasisTan
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    14 Sep 2012 04:22 PM
    fenter wrote: I will be updated my other thread indicating that these tires are not as fast as the Hoosiers, however to someone looking for more runs/dollar these may be the best thing going.

We found them to be quicker than the Hoosiers. Over the course of the season, we have taken roughly 200 runs total on the BFG's(between 3 different sets) and found that higher pressures are necessary. Did you run higher pressures than the Hoosiers or the same pressure? Also, they are quick even down to the cords....

If this was the start of the 2013 season, I'd snap these up from you right away, but, I am trying to make space in the garage so I'll have to wait.....

Adam303
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    14 Sep 2012 04:32 PM
    I never got to test the Hoosiers and BFG's back to back on the same day, but my findings are very similar to Craigs. Fast tire with lots of grip, but needs a lot more psi than the Hoosier (at least on a camber challenged fwd car).
    fenter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Sep 2012 07:19 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for the posts. I tried higher pressures but you could always try more... maybe I just didn't go high enough. Glad you are enjoying the tires and are having good success with them. They have excellent engineering support and the contingency is better than Hoosier's for Tour and National events.

The sale is pending, should be completed by Wednesday.

Take care,

Chris

fenter
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Oct 2012 09:28 PM
    Sold, thanks!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner