62 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
Andy Hollis

--
15 Feb 2010 05:11 AM

SCCAforums seems to have fallen into one of its periodic slow-down periods again. Time to flush the "advert hit database" or whatever it is that usually fixes it.

Sometimes it is so bad that I get the "site is currently unavailable" screen. Usually just the "waiting for SCCAforums.com" in the browser. Not seeing Google.analytics waits like before, though. Unless that has been hidden.

Or maybe it's just me? Anybody else notice a slow-down the past couple weeks?

--Andy

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    15 Feb 2010 05:14 AM

It's been very slow for me as well. About a week now.

H's & K's,

Rick Ruth

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    15 Feb 2010 07:30 AM

Dog slow here too.

DaveW

Bullitt2954
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Feb 2010 10:29 AM

All that - AND it's full of Toyota-Hataz..........

Ron M

--
    15 Feb 2010 10:37 AM
    I figured it was just my computer but I'm glad it's not just me. It's a lot better now than it was yesterday
    rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Feb 2010 04:22 AM

Ron M wrote:
    I figured it was just my computer but I'm glad it's not just me. It's a lot better now than it was yesterday

Still God-awful slow here. Mostly not usable. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

H's & K's,

Rick Ruth

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    17 Feb 2010 04:27 AM

Finally!! Much better today. Hope it lasts.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    22 Feb 2010 05:02 AM

It didn't last. I guess I didn't expect it to. :-(

H's & K's,

Rick Ruth

MNbiker
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Feb 2010 11:09 AM

This site has some serious ongoing performance issues. It's BY FAR the worst performing site I regularly visit. If it weren't for the good content, I wouldn't even bother.

I sent Dave traceroutes & other testing info a while back, but it seems as sluggish as ever. I think he needs to either change hosting providers or upgrade his server/software.

-Steve

Patrick Washburn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Feb 2010 11:11 AM
    Sorry....I am sooooo frustrated with this site. Ditch the ads or whatever....keep us in mind. I'm to the point I can't even look in on this thing.
    47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Feb 2010 11:57 AM

Patrick Washburn wrote:
    Sorry....I am sooooo frustrated with this site. Ditch the ads or whatever....keep us in mind. I'm to the point I can't even look in on this thing.

Are you guys having trouble even accessing the site? All day yesterday, I got time out errors and couldn't even get here. But, it was fine from home and seems OK today....

DaveW

rtp.rick
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Feb 2010 12:35 PM

I get the "Site Not Available" notice quite frequently.

H's & K's,
    Rick Ruth

Andy Hollis

--
    23 Feb 2010 01:06 PM
    47CP wrote:

Are you guys having trouble even accessing the site? All day yesterday, I got time out errors and couldn't even get here. But, it was fine from home and seems OK today....

DaveW

I would have responded to your post except...I couldn't get on the site. [;)]

--Andy

MNbiker
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Feb 2010 08:42 PM

Patrick Washburn wrote:

Pat,

It's not the ads. There are some funky network issues going on that simply shouldn't be there with a well-engineered hosting solution. I also wonder whether the software platform is up to the task. But I only design networks for a living - what do I know?

-Steve

p.s. I don't in any way mean to belittle Dave's efforts with this site. He continues to provide a wonderful resource to the SCCA community. It's just that the site doesn't currently meet generally accepted performance standards.

MNbiker
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    24 Feb 2010 01:07 PM

Even though I've measured some netowrk-related problems accessing this site, I'm beginning to think most of the problems are related to the forum software being used. This is the most common error I receive, when unable to reach the site:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are currently unable to serve your request

We apologize, but an error occurred and your request could not be completed.

This error has been logged. If you have additional information that you believe may have caused this error please report the problem here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message is being generated by the Telligent Community Server software used by sccaforums.com. FWIW - this is the only forum site I frequent that uses the Telligent sotware. Most use vBulletin, including the VERY high traffic miata.net and nasioc.com sites.

froggy47
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24 Feb 2010 07:10 PM

Too slow to bother with, bye.

:(

SCCAForums Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Feb 2010 07:16 AM

Hi Froggy, sorry... we just re-indexed the entire database last night... you should notice it 'speedy' again. ;)

We've set it up to now index nightly, we'd love to get your feedback over the next few days. You should notice quite an improvement, we also doubled the Ram for the site.

Thanks for your feedback,

SCCAForums Staff

SCCAForums Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Feb 2010 07:21 AM

Hey guys... hopefully today you see it much better... uggh... you'd think this would be easy... we've been working hard in the background focusing on moving over to vBulletin (Andy... so you can post from your iPhone [:)] )

And while working so hard at that, weren't able to keep up with some normal maintenance, as I posted above... the site will now be indexing every night... it was completely fragged/scattered.. thus why all the time out errors.

And Steve... thanks for the traces... we've been doing them ourselves as well...

Please continue to beat us up, when you feel the site is lagging... it is not what we are going to accept!

Have a great week everyone!

Dave

PS: Steve... yes... the 'problem' with our Teligent software is 'vBulletin' does not support it... and so the 'import' is not friendly, as we're literally having to write the queries from scratch... it isn't fun. [:(] But I still believe! [:D]

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Feb 2010 08:32 AM

It is better today. I have only gotten 2 time outs so far, but it is still pretty laggy.

Hopefully, you can get the vBulletin conversion done soon.

DaveW

EDIT: 2 time outs making this post, 3 more to get to the main page. This is like surfing on bad dial up and totally frustrating.

Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Feb 2010 09:52 AM

Thanks Dave, it seems much faster for me at this time... and no time outs as of yet. (Knock on Wood).

Thanks,

Dave

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner