Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
Andy Hollis

--
25 Feb 2010 10:20 AM

I appreciate the efforts. [Y]

The good news is that you actually have lots of people who want the site to run well because the site is so popular. The bad news is that it is so slow that those people are frustrated.

It could be worse...the site could be unpopular and fast. [:)]

--Andy

Dave Schotz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Feb 2010 10:27 AM

Thanks Andy! It really seems like it is much faster today... and we won't be satisifed until you are able to post from the iPhone! :P

Speed is only one 'Checkmark' of many we plan to check off over the next few months!!!

Thanks,
Dave

froggy47
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
25 Feb 2010 01:20 PM

Better today, but still lags compared to other forums.

:)

rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Feb 2010 04:23 PM

Yes, it's better.

Can't you find anything better than vbulletin? Who's software is behind the Atlanta Region Forums. That's certainly far superior than any of the vbulletin forums I've visited.

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth

TeamRX8
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Feb 2010 05:16 PM
the lights are on, but nobody's home ... [:P]
MNbiker
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
27 Feb 2010 11:02 PM
rtp.rick wrote:

Yes, it's better.

Can't you find anything better than vbulletin? Who's software is behind the Atlanta Region Forums. That's certainly far superior than any of the vbulletin forums I've visited.

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth

Rick,

"Better" is a relative term. Atlanta's site is pretty, but doesn't see a fraction of the traffic this site does. vBulletin's user interface can be a bit clunky at times and is amazingly complex to fully customize, but it handles high user volumes better than anything else out there. IMHO the biggest issues with this site are related to database performance, and vBulletin will help that issue a lot. Besides, 3rd-party support for vBulletin is fantastic. We just installed a mobile app for vB that has our iPhone users raving.

-Steve

p.s. Dave, hearing you're moving to vB just made my evening. Sorry to hear the database import has proven to be such a bear.

p.p.s. The site's slow for me again today.

Andy Hollis

--
28 Feb 2010 06:19 AM

MNbiker wrote:
[We just installed a mobile app for vB that has our iPhone users raving.

SCCAforums mobile app...yeah, baby!

--Andy

talon95
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
28 Feb 2010 06:37 AM
Andy Hollis wrote:

SCCAforums mobile app...yeah, baby!

--Andy

Yea, wouldn't want to miss out on any of the informative street tire/R tire posts... [8-)]

Dave G.

Matt93SE
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
28 Feb 2010 06:07 PM

I've been coming to the site on and off for ~8 months now, and it's always seemed slower than the other forums I frequent. The last couple weeks have been absolutely painful. Today is the fastest I remember seeing the site.

I'm not an IT guy, but I know how much of a pain keeping places like this running are. I've moderated busy forums for the last 10 years, and the admins have always had a major chore keeping these things up and running. Thanks for all the hard work, guys!

Dave Schotz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
28 Feb 2010 07:58 PM

Thanks Matt! I gotta say, she's 'Finally' Flying! So thanks to Mark, Matt and the 'gang' for working so hard at getting her back on track!

We still won't stop until we are successfully over to VB, without losing any posts!

Dave

rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
01 Mar 2010 09:40 AM

Gee, I'm afraid to say anything, but wow! It's is really fast today (so far).

Thanks for all of the hard work.

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth

Andy Hollis

--
01 Mar 2010 10:09 AM

Indeed. [Y]

Now I can post even more.

[;)]

--Andy

Ron M

--
01 Mar 2010 10:28 AM
Good job, Dave!
Dave Schotz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
01 Mar 2010 04:28 PM

Thanks everyone! The team worked very hard over the weekend, all the thanks needs to go to them! And we're still working on migrating over to VB, but this sure is a lot easier on us in the meantime!

Dave

mattm
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
01 Mar 2010 06:01 PM
Andy Hollis wrote:
Indeed. [Y] Now I can post even more. [;)] --Andy
Isn't it "even more pontificating?" Shouldn't you be getting bed rest 'cause you have a cold? Step away from the keyboard....
Bullitt2954
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
01 Mar 2010 06:36 PM

I come back from 100 Acre Wood to find the board much better - no ridiculous waiting, no timeout errors!

Good Job!

SCCAForums Staff
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Mar 2010 11:28 AM
test
Dave Schotz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Apr 2010 07:53 AM
test
47CP
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Jun 2010 06:39 AM

Hmmm, for the last several days I have been having trouble getting to the home page, it times out with a "Cannot find the site error". It has been intermittent until this AM when it has not been working for the past hour or two.

But, if I click a link on an email notification and go direct to a thread, it seems to work fine. Once in, I can go everywhere except the home page.

FYI

DaveW

[i]Probably not related, but can i has real IntaRWebz FoUmZ!!!1111 software now? :) [/i]

snaponbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Jun 2010 07:07 AM
47CP wrote:

Hmmm, for the last several days I have been having trouble getting to the home page, it times out with a "Cannot find the site error". It has been intermittent until this AM when it has not been working for the past hour or two.

But, if I click a link on an email notification and go direct to a thread, it seems to work fine. Once in, I can go everywhere except the home page.

FYI

DaveW

[/i]Probably not related, but can i has real IntaRWebz FoUmZ!!!1111 software now? :) [/i]

Yup. About 1/2 of the attempts are fails with time out errors.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner