You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
SCCAForums Staff
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
25 Jun 2010 11:06 AM

Yeah, it's seems only the 'Front Page'... if you go direct to Forums page... no issues. We are aware.. the good thing is... I should have an exciting update very soon about some 'new forum software'! :)

Thanks guys!!

Dave

snaponbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
28 Jun 2010 04:49 AM
Still errors when I post a response and hit "submit". When I use the "back" command to get to the front page and refresh, the submission is there. HTH.
snaponbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Jul 2010 09:45 AM
Consistently get an error when navigating directly to the home page. I can get directly to the Forums page, but not the Home. Irritating.
SCCAForums Staff
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
06 Jul 2010 10:54 AM

Yeah, strange... it seems to be working 'more than not' on the front page as of recent. We are still working on the migration OFF this platform... good things come to those who wait!

(At least that's what they keep telling me!) [:D]

snaponbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Jul 2010 02:24 PM
SCCAForums Staff wrote:

Yeah, strange... it seems to be working 'more than not' on the front page as of recent. We are still working on the migration OFF this platform... good things come to those who wait!

(At least that's what they keep telling me!) [:D]

"THEY" has been invoked, so it MUST be true.

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
12 Jul 2010 09:21 PM
Alright, still trying to get things sped up around here. Made some changes to the homepage that I hope will keep it performing better for a while
snaponbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
13 Jul 2010 05:50 AM

Chris Hammond wrote:
Alright, still trying to get things sped up around here. Made some changes to the homepage that I hope will keep it performing better for a while

Seems to be working, too. Thanks.

edit: Oops, maybe not so much. My desktop link got me to the home page, but the server not available message came up when I clicked "POST".

47CP
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
13 Jul 2010 06:14 AM

Chris Hammond wrote:

Whoa. The big man from Silicon Valley steps in to save the day. We should be blessed...:):)

DaveW

[i]Thanks everyone for working on it[/i]

snaponbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
28 Jul 2010 04:27 AM

Chris Hammond wrote:

Just wanted to bump this thread and say that things sure seem to be operating smoothly (for now?!?!). Thanks for your work, Chris. What did you do THIS time?

rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
28 Jul 2010 07:31 AM

I think some of us are still having trouble when we're trying to post attachments. I had a heck of a time when I was posting the Finger Lakes Tour and Toledo Pro Index results.

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
31 Jul 2010 09:46 AM
snaponbob wrote:

Chris Hammond wrote:

Just wanted to bump this thread and say that things sure seem to be operating smoothly (for now?!?!). Thanks for your work, Chris. What did you do THIS time?

I actually removed the photo gallery from the homepage, that was causing some major issues apparently.

I haven't done much here lately, been working on the new site and software trying to iron things out. Still going to be a few weeks before we switch over though.

snaponbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
02 Aug 2010 01:50 PM
All was working seamlessly for a couple weeks, and today I started getting "We are currently unable to serve your request" when I tried to submit a response. The response IS being posted, however.
rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Aug 2010 02:46 AM

I got the same thing aas Bob, pretty much all day. I had a terrible time getting the Pro Results from Packwood posted. I had to go through the steps, at least, twice for each file. As Bob mentioned, it had been working pretty well, except when I try to post results. It's odd, but it seems to be slower and have more problems on Monday's. Maybe the site is having rough weekends?

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth

snaponbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Aug 2010 04:40 AM

Rick may have something there. We get drunk and kill brain cells. A computer has "a bad weekend", and somebody has to clean out all the used up electrons or the form plaque in the input channels thus narrowing bandwidth.

edit; somebody flushed the dead electrons as the post went right through in a flash.

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
05 Aug 2010 12:17 PM
I'll look at the server and see, not sure what the cause was.
snaponbob
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
05 Aug 2010 12:24 PM

Chris Hammond wrote:
I'll look at the server and see, not sure what the cause was.

Phlobys in the blow hole. You'll need a digital mini-kanibulator gazorting tool to remove the phlobys. Oh, wear gloves. Phlobys is sticky and stains everything.

rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Nov 2010 11:59 AM

Wow, it's been working great for over three months, but today it has been as slow as it's ever been. Really not usable. [:(]

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth

Dave Schotz
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Nov 2010 12:06 PM

Thanks Rick... agreed... definitely a lot slower, hoping it's just a 'new index' type of thing... getting sorted out. But If this server isn't up to the task... we'll throw more power at it! This change was mostly for the 'support' of transitioning to the new software/platform... which is not NEARLY the resource hog... this version is. :)

Hopefully we see this get back up to speed later this afternoon! Keep the feedback coming!

Dave

www.SCCAForums.com

christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Nov 2010 01:55 PM
I'm trying to figure out why. It's definitely something to do with the ad system, though I don't know why moving servers would of caused it.
christoc
I'm an Admin
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Nov 2010 06:01 PM
I think we're running speedy again, still need to work out a few kinks
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner