5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Eman911

--
22 Feb 2010 06:57 PM

Howdy-

I'm in the process of making my 75 Spitfire roadworthy (rustworms REALLY like the taste of British steel !) and was wondering how many Ia Region members have older sports cars and the urge to compete in them.

Max Weinberg

--
    23 Feb 2010 08:25 AM

Any given autocross event will see all manner of cars. All you need is to pass a safety inspection and have ~$25 and you can run. We'll see anything from vintage muscle cars to a Honda Fit on track. Triumphs, Minis, Sunbeams, MGs, and Lotuses (or is it Loti?) are regular attendees. Many regional sites will still have results posted for last year. You can see what people drove at each race there. It's all in the name of fun and this is what those little British cars were born for. If you are worried about "Competing" there is a vintage class for you. You'll meet some great people and at the very least will see a great car show.

Hope to see you out there. I'll be the guy in the Miata pictured to the left.

BrianCunningham

--
    23 Feb 2010 12:01 PM

One of the reasons I go is to check out some of the nice old cars that show up.

Love the local who drives his XKE

jdchristianson
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24 Feb 2010 06:55 AM

There are normally one or two Spitfire's or MG's or other variants at our events. They range from stock classes to modified classes.

Come one out and enjoy, its fun no matter where you are on the spectrum

Jeff Christianson

elite1230

--
    26 Feb 2010 05:59 AM

Now speaking from the old British side of the pond, myself and three sons and my adorable wife all drive different sorts of old British cars at the events. As Jeff said bring it out and enjoy!

We compete againest each other for braging rights for the day and I must say we are having a blast with this. We have driven several Loti and a mini. Some old some new and one of these days we will get the wife to stay on course. Our efforts now are with an old Elan which was vintage raced all across the US and bought as a shell years back. Decided to pull it out of the barn and toss it together with the sons help. We have run it now about four or five times. Hard to find a better way to enjoy a Sunday!

Mark

RicJohnson

--
    26 Feb 2010 09:58 AM

We also run a Vintage Index class at Des Moines Valley Region events and would love to have you join us. I've been competing in the same 1971 MGB for over 25 years now, and there are a couple of others who are regulars plus the occasional "drop in". Some of us are still dedicated to educating the young as to what a "proper" sports car is!

Our schedule so far is at www.dmvrscca.org/soloschd.htm

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner