Turkey Rally
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
copterdr

--
12 Nov 2012 07:56 AM

Just want to thank James Rose for a great event! Best and most accurate one yet.

STX Lee
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Nov 2012 03:35 PM
    I 2nd that! Had a great time. Didn't kill my wife either.
    steveR
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Nov 2012 06:56 PM
    Agreed!
    We only got lost twice this time.
    I think that's a new record!
    Rev9k

--
    12 Nov 2012 08:46 PM
    Thanks James. It was fun but very challenging. We got lost three times to the point that I had to cheat and use the Nav. I can say that now since I didn't win.
    rosejm
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Nov 2012 10:41 AM
    Eh, all aids are available to us Turkeys. Besides, even the best Nav can't find a third of those clues.

I will say that I'm super impressed by all the teams, and everyone kept going and finished! I had intended to score each leg separately but the re-formatted instructions didn't emphasize that.

There were some super tough signs to spot, and I'll be honest there were 3 or 4 'traps' that caused nearly everyone trouble (and I blame myself there!), yet others that I thought would be harder to see didn't cause anyone to miss them.

Then there was the infamous BIG DEAD TREE, which I thought would be easy pickings for all!

If there's any interest, I'd like to consider running a 'Rally School' in February or March with an agenda like this:
    • 0:45 Team meeting / Instruction review / Rally basics / Timing methods (early or late?) and Allowances
    • 0:45 KISS Tour Rally - 1 or 2 leg, short and simple morning rally to get some practice on what was covered
    • 1:00 Lunch break - Food and group review of KISS Rally / Timing
    • 2:00 MTSS Tour Rally - 3 to 5 short leg Tour & Course Rally

Tour Rallys give precise directions, speeds and mileage so this isn't about finding the right way, it's about being touring the countryside, and arriving on-time at the checkpoint.
    Course Rallys generally use the same instructions as Tours, but often they are more similar to Turkey Rally directions (with speed change instructions), so this is about finding the right course AND being on-time.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner