Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
12 Nov 2012 06:56 PM

On behalf of the Indianapolis Region SCCA I’m investigating the possibility of the Region hosting Pro Solo style events.

For those of you who don’t know what a Pro solo is, its part drag race and part autocross. The start is classic drag race with two competitors lining up side by side and leaving off of a Christmas tree. They race side by side for a short distance then they peel away from each other and race through mirrored autocross courses. The first competitor to reach their finish line first without knocking over cones is the winner of that race. This repeats itself until there is an overall winner. One of the cool things is you’ll be guaranteed 6-8 runs minimum (3-4 qualifying runs per side). These events would be held on Saturdays at Grissom Aeroplex on weekends where we will be holding Solos on Sunday.

What we want to hear from you is would you be interested in this type of event? Would you be willing to volunteer to Chair the program or be a Chief?

Comment here to show support.

If you wish to volunteer, contact me directly at: ddusterberg1@verizon.net

btwelch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Nov 2012 07:11 PM
    Sounds like fun to me!
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    13 Nov 2012 08:16 AM
    I'm in. Tell me what you want/need from me to make this critter happen. I've been wanting to do a Pro for years, but unless I wanted to go to Toledo that wasn't going to happen.....and I really don't have a desire to go back to Toledo anytime soon.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner