A double National at Circuit of the Americas F1 track
 13 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sccatech

--
19 Dec 2012 10:00 PM
    Yes, the Lone Star region is putting on a race in March 2013. If you plan to come to the event please help out Tech by getting your annual done beforehand, if possible - we are expecting 400 to 500 cars. Those of you with a larger race budget might want to consider coming down the two weeks before to the double Rational at MSR Houston, Feb.22-24. I think the track will be allowing racers to store their cars at the track but check with them to be sure. I worked the F1 race and the track is awesome!
    mitchman
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Dec 2012 10:58 PM
    I was at the F1 race. Where on the site is the course going to be laid out? (just curious)
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Dec 2012 11:41 PM
    Its a club race.......on the track..............not an autocross.
    mitchman
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Dec 2012 01:40 AM

Oops! My mistake. Carry on. (jealous of you guys that get to run on that beautiful track!)

dubya
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Dec 2012 07:46 AM

The race is planned for the full F1 course.

With 20 turns, adequate F&C volunteers is a concern.

Come help if you can. Lone Star Region is working to make it a great event.

fatbillybob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    28 Dec 2012 12:23 AM
    I would like to share space for my racecar in someone's transporter or multicar trailer going to COTA from Los angeles/Orange county. If anyone has space or know a reliable transporter company let me knowThanks,carlfatbillybob@yahoo.com
    CP Thunder
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Dec 2012 01:09 AM
    Cant help on the transport but will see you there!!
    dubya
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    30 Dec 2012 03:05 PM
    News from Austin is that online info/registration for drivers and volunteers will happen in mid-January.
    It is reinterated to make your motel plans now as rooms will be at a preium due to other activities in Austin. There are a number of towns SW,S SE & E from the track each with a few decent places to stay and not too far from the track.
    dubya
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Jan 2013 11:52 AM

Lone Star Region SCCA is the region to host events at CoTA.

They have updated their website and it should be a place to find information and a registration link in the next week or two.

http://lonestarscca.org/

edj
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Jan 2013 12:40 PM
    dubya
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Jan 2013 03:12 PM

March CoTA race registration link
    http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/sowd...entID=5207
    and official info link
    http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=5405

reg not up as this is written but these are links to use.

dubya
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jan 2013 05:16 PM
    We have almost 600 racers coming in March.
    We'd love to see some volunteers come enjoy this first-of-a-kind event with us.
    ALL SPECIALTIES ARE WELCOME
    Here is info shared by the F&C chief with the latest info we know to share:

Lone Star Region of SCCA is hosting a tremendous 3 day N/N weekend at the Circuit of the Americas, and online Registration is now open at DLBracing.com. The inaugrural SCCA race at COTA continues the Texas Two Step tradition on the second weekend, Fri - Sun, March 8th-10th. This is also the opening round of The U.S. Majors Tour for the Mid-States Conference, and the 3rd stop for the BFGoodrich Super Tour. Racers will be traveling to this momentous event from all over the US. We have over 560 entries (no, that is NOT a typo) for the 7 races, so the groups are going to be absolutely HUGE, most will hit the SCCA track limit for COTA of 85 cars. The attraction of this track is just amazing.

This track is going to take a long time to be "old hat", as we plan to run over 20 stations. Grid and Paddock, F1 Pit Garages, the place is colossal. So, please consider volunteering, especially on the Friday, for this cannot-miss event. The views and track layout from each station are just awesome. Combined with the large car count, I'm sure the flaggers, plus all the other specialties, will have an amazing weekend.

RV camping will be allowed for volunteers, but there may be a fee for hookups (please read the event regulations, link below). The last word is NO tent camping on site, but there are a couple options. First is a state park about 6 miles down the main road at the end of FM812 going east. Other is just a few blocks away from the track across the road at Taylor Rotorsports. Link below. They have land with a pond and a previous rallycross track, or you can opt for the rustic racecar view.

Volunteers will need to Register and then park in an outside parking lot, and walk into the paddock area thru the SE tunnel. Registration location and other updates will be announced as we get closer. Morning worker meetings will be outside the track at the Marshal Central tent about 7:00 each morning, possibly earlier. F&C will park outside and either ride with their captain to station if possible, or we will be using the COTA shuttles.

Registration is required online at DLBracing.com to join us at CotA for some fantastic racing. I look forward to seeing everyone again in 2013!

Important links and hotel info below:

Brent McNaul
    LSR flag chief

Link to register: http://www.dlbracing.com/clubs/sowd...;LMID=1983

Link to supplemental regulations: http://www.scca.com/assets/BFGoodri...203.3a.pdf

Link to group rate hotel deals thru COTA events: http://scca.hotelsforhope.org/group...nt?id=6914 Note that more economy based lodging such as Motel6 are likely available local, or Super8 and Motel6 and others even less in San Marcos and Buda.

Link to across track camping: www.christaylorracing.com
    JeffCRZ

--
    13 Feb 2013 06:04 PM
    Is there any info for spectators? I would love to come watch.
    dubya
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Feb 2013 09:49 AM
    1st you would be welcome as a volunteer - with 575 entries, many extra folks are needed.

Somewhere I saw that there would be $10/day grandstand tickets.
    or
    for $15. you can go thru registration and buy a temporary membership.
    I am certain there will be volunteer positions where you can work some and watch some.

contact: lonestarflagchief - at - aol dotcom and he will help you with more specific info
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner