FP 16 Wheels
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
bobtr6

--
14 Jan 2013 06:16 PM

Hi - I'm considering a switch to 16 rims on my FP TR6. Would anyone care to share wheel size info, especially folks with 240Zs?

I want to get it "right" first time...

;-)

rml

bobtr6

--
    14 Jan 2013 06:22 PM

to clarify, I'm looking for offset and/or backspacing numbers.

I'm switching from 15x7 with zero offset, but I have to run 3/4" spacers with that setup, so I probably should have been running -12mm offset...

rosejm
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Jan 2013 07:23 PM
    So if those truly are 0 offset w/ 3/4" spacers then you're effectively running -19mm offset.

While first hand experience may be best for your specific case, there are a ton of calculators online that will compare current wheel size/offset with new/proposed size/offset numbers.

If you're staying with the same wheel *width* your offset won't (or shouldn't) change too much.
    bobtr6

--
    14 Jan 2013 07:45 PM

actually, going from 15 x 7 to 16 x 10 is the issue... the goal is to move away from cantilever slicks to tires I can actually buy (like 23 x 10 x 16 bias slicks from anyone...)

I'm actually fishing to see if any of the 240 Z guys run straight-up 16 x 10's.

;-)

And I'm trying not to completely re-design the front end of the car... the cost of the wheels by themselves pretty much torpedo my "budget".

rickmartinez

--
    15 Jan 2013 08:05 AM
    Most if not all of us (Z guys in FP) run 16x10 with right around 0 offset. I've also had decent luck with 15x10 A6s if you are looking to budget tires (i.e. availability yon the used market).
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner