Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 11 Apr 2013 05:39 PM by  Eric Rosenberg
Is the 2007 Civic Si 4-door qualified for STL?
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Eric Rosenberg

--
29 Jan 2013 01:34 AM

I've been reviewing the rules for STL, trying to determine if our 2007 Civic is eligible. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you.

dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    29 Jan 2013 10:46 AM
    Eric, the short answer is virtually all chassis are legal as long as they are 85 and newer and are not on the exclusion list. In STL the engine is what determines your weight, etc. 2L and under for STL.

Please give me a call at 253-970-3710 so we can discuss your car. Thanks, Dave Mead
    Eric Rosenberg

--
    29 Jan 2013 06:19 PM
    Thanks Dave, I guess my biggest concern has been that someone told us with the Si the OEM camshafts were not legal and that leaves us completely confused as to how this could be an issue. It's the only thing that kept us from commiting to STL and not moving to NASA's Honda Challenge.

A clarification would be very helpful as I saw no mention of this issue in the rules last night.

Thank you,

Eric
    Eric Rosenberg

--
    31 Jan 2013 08:43 AM

Good morning Dave, in reading the rules pertaining to the engine, cam lobe spec (.450) for 4 valve engines is listed but according to factory engine specs for the Si engine only one of the cams is within spec while the other is just over. We're told this is the only reason the engine is out of spec. How can this be with a completely stock OEM engine?

dhrmx5
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    31 Jan 2013 11:50 AM
    Eric, it's really important that you call me. I am driving all day today so give me a shout.

As far as the cams are concerned, the class limit for 4 valve engines is .425 lift. In this class using stock cams is a sure recipe for losing. The exhaust cam can be used but the intake has to be shortened.
    Eric Rosenberg

--
    11 Apr 2013 05:39 PM
    I still need to call you Dave. This last weekend we raced with So Cal NASA and it was kind of a cluster.

I would really like to figure out what we need to do with this ex-World Challenge Civic Si to come race STL.

Thank you,

Eric
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner