Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
ratt_finkel
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Feb 2013 07:31 PM
TeamRX8 wrote:
sticking my neck out here, but you might want to consider not driving in so deep .... :-/

Otherwise agree with rotis, start steady state and work from there is the smart plan of attack i.e. good turn in and washes out is screaming the obvious at you - spring/bar balance is likely off. You're not in a stock class so tricks like running less than optimum camber and such are just kluges that will have negative consequences in certain other scenarios

Mark,

I think I'm none for late braking. But I promise my driving style has nothing to do with the crap handling of the car. It will be fixed this weekend at Mineral Wells :)

ron
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
23 Feb 2013 10:26 AM
Sorry to dis agree with everyone here but the problem with that particular car is that it is bottoming out in the front. I drove the car, turn in is fine mid corner push 1/4 to 3/4 around every corner is pure torture, then power on to induce oversteer. This is the way the car has always been. Front struts shortened and get rid of or shave off the bump stops in the front. I ran 800 lb springs on my civic they definately aren't to much for the front of an Evo..
ratt_finkel
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
24 Feb 2013 10:36 PM
ron williams wrote:
Sorry to dis agree with everyone here but the problem with that particular car is that it is bottoming out in the front. I drove the car, turn in is fine mid corner push 1/4 to 3/4 around every corner is pure torture, then power on to induce oversteer. This is the way the car has always been. Front struts shortened and get rid of or shave off the bump stops in the front. I ran 800 lb springs on my civic they definately aren't to much for the front of an Evo..

Ron, you are thinking the way the car was when Craig had it. We changed it after spring nats in 2011 as listed in the 1st post here. But you are right on your assessment otherwise.

ratt_finkel
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
24 Feb 2013 10:37 PM
PS, problem has been fixed.
IntegraR0064
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
24 Feb 2013 11:04 PM
ratt_finkel wrote:
PS, problem has been fixed.

And it was?

ratt_finkel
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Feb 2013 12:57 AM
Dropped rear rates to 800lb.
TeamRX8
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
02 Mar 2013 12:07 PM
lol
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner