AspireTec Engineering  468
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 26 Mar 2010 11:11 AM by  FWR Solo D
4-10 & 4-11 FWR Solo School and Season Opener (flyer inside)
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
FWR Solo D

--
14 Mar 2010 12:10 PM

Hello folks - see the attached pdf flyer for the event.

More details to be posted...

FWR Solo D

--
    22 Mar 2010 09:16 AM

Registration is up and ready! Reg away!

Date(s)Event NameSelect
    Sat Apr 10th, 2010Kruse Solo School - Kruse International Auction Park (Auburn, IN) - Event Details - Entry List - Register Online Now!
    Sun Apr 11th, 2010Kruse - Event #1 - Kruse International Auction Park (Auburn, IN) - Event Details - Entry List - Register Online Now!

KBroeker

--
    23 Mar 2010 07:40 AM

Bro-

What will be the format for the school this year? I do not think I went to the school last year, but in 2008, it was primarily "hands on". Will it be that way this year? I would like to get some seat time in my new ride (a mystery for now, but let's just say that I will still be in STX, but in more of an underdog vehicle than the old Subie) and would like to use the school for a T&T. I do not have much to adjust besides the air pressures and the nut behind the wheel, but the course time would be great. I have a different function I need to attend on Sunday, so Saturday would probably be it for me.

By the way, I still hold a Solo Safety Stewards licence, so I can help with that on Saturday if needed.

FWR Solo D

--
    24 Mar 2010 04:50 PM

Hey STRANGER! :P

Saturday will be a day of getting the nut behind the wheel attitude for sure. We will have a morning session of talk with Novice and Advance combined and then before lunch get out on course and get some talk through runs in with instructors - break for lunch (provided) and then bang out the rest of the day to 430/5pm with course runs. do work assignments and course runs with instructors watching their groups and answering questions etc...

It will be very low key - but very rewarding!

As for Safety - I know Jerry and Bart will be there, if you can help as well - this will help us get some of our people done with shadowing the SS at the event. We will have 5 new SS this year making it a total of 7 with Jerry and Bart. This will really help spread the load with that area now.

So - does this help with you question?

FWR Solo D

--
    24 Mar 2010 04:54 PM
    KBroeker wrote:

Bro-

my new ride (a mystery for now, but let's just say that I will still be in STX, but in more of an underdog vehicle than the old Subie)

Hey - is it going to be this?

KBroeker

--
    26 Mar 2010 08:14 AM
    FWR Solo D wrote:
    Hey - is it going to be this?

Yeah, you caught me. Ol' Lizzie is my ride for the year. See, even though she is only 20hp (20.5hp with the Flowmaster 40 Series), she weighs only 1200 lb. and we all know weight is king in AutoX. And I am not running her in STS because in STX I can run a Dunlop Star Spec 265/40-17 on American Racing 17 X 9 Torq Thrust because she is RWD (on leaf springs off of an F-150 so I do not have fender rub; I still need to work on getting wheel spacers together and I have a call into Koni). But, I am having trouble finding a CAI and chip tuner. I might be able to do without the chip tuner because timing is adjustable on the column, though. I am thinking about putting some wood grain contact paper on the Torq Thrusts (ala 1976 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser "Woodie" of my childhood memories '77 Olds Cutlass Vista Cruiser; it had the "way back" or "tail gunner" seats and a 400CI/6.6L lump under the hood, by the way) to complete the "old school" vibe.

Whadaya think?

FWR Solo D

--
    26 Mar 2010 11:11 AM
    Hellz Ya!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner