Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
harts
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
06 Feb 2013 11:59 AM

how much of a difference will the new differential in the C7 make ?

hklvette
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Feb 2013 12:36 PM
    Hard to say. My C5 likes to spin the inside wheel a bit when putting power down, so if it can bias torque to the outside wheel in a turn (like a torsen, but without the wheel spin) it probably wouldn't hurt.
    harts
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    08 Feb 2013 08:28 AM

what was interesting to me is the GM chassie engineer said the new diff was much easier to drive through the slalom and also faster, with the computer that controls the diff talking to the steering, throttle and god only knows what else, could this really be a game changer and will their be different settings for r compounds ????

TedDBere
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    08 Feb 2013 12:50 PM
    hklvette wrote:
    Hard to say. My C5 likes to spin the inside wheel a bit when putting power down, so if it can bias torque to the outside wheel in a turn (like a torsen, but without the wheel spin) it probably wouldn't hurt.

You're kidding right?

Z28Lt1AutoXer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Feb 2013 12:19 AM
    A GM chassis engineer stated that the diff on the C7 was the most signifigant handling improvement on the car. Have an open diff on corner entry and preload adjusting through the corner pretty cool.

Also, it is certainly possible to get inside wheel spin on a C5, especially on rubbered in concrete.
    cbramey
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Feb 2013 01:45 PM
    the time you need limited slip is right before you build enough torque to spin a tire. i will be shocked if this new diff is an improvement of any kind; it electronically and mechanically takes too long to move those parts fast enough to work well.

this will probably end up being a 'zero scrub' or '6 padlet' engineering boondoggle of epic disastrous proportions, and everyone will have to go put quaifes or t2r's or something similar in the cars.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner