3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Meng134

--
12 Feb 2013 12:49 PM

Hi,

We have been running 12-58 (what the Kart came with) We did a pocono Autox last year and my boy was maxed out throughout the whole coarse. These gears have worked fine on the smaller courses in our region. What rear gear would be better for the big fast course.

Scoob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Feb 2013 01:41 PM
    Which motor is this? That ratio is pretty low to be maxxed out anywhere except for a 4-stroke maxxing out around 7000 rpm. If this is a Briggs (WF or Raptor) I'd buy some sprockets in the 44-50 range to test. You can also go to a higher tooth count on the clutch. Check out a kart gearing calculator like this one: http://www.gokartracing.org/Calculate.htm to help you figure out where you want that kart to be versus where you are now.
    Meng134

--
    12 Feb 2013 03:32 PM
    4-stroke Clone. I figured we might need to get down to about 48 on the axle. Thanks Scott.
    Scoob
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    12 Feb 2013 06:10 PM
    I will now dutifully point out that clones are not approved for JA. I have no official opinion on running an unmodified (legal for JB) clone in JA, but modified clones have specifically been disallowed for any Solo classes. Just FYI.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner