Mods for Stock BMW 328is
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
wbruzzese

--
24 Feb 2013 09:00 AM

I've been driving my 1998 BMW 328is for a couple years in STX, but was considering going back to D STOCK class. I know I need to return to the stock airbox and 15 (or 16) inch wheels. My suspension has only been modified mildly with the addition of H&R Race springs on Bilstien Sport shocks. They lower the car about an 1" or so. I'm also considering Swaybarbarians for the front and rear. Can I run an LSD if it has the same ratio as stock or was a stock option on the car?

Now on to tires. If I understand correctly, I can run any DOT R-Compound on the stock size wheels. Is that right?

Any other advise for modifications that can be done and still remain in stock class?

edfishjr
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    24 Feb 2013 09:21 AM
    You can alter either the front or rear sway bar from stock, but not both. Shocks up to double adjustable are free, including shock bushings, but springs have to go back to stock, no geometry changes, no strut camber plates, etc. Any Dot-R that will fit on stock-dia/offset (within .25") and you can use spacers to achieve this. You can pinch in the fender inner lips for tire clearance but cannot roll/stretch (change the outside profile) of the fenders in any way. Add LSD only if it is the stock unit available as an option on your model year. (No between-year update/backdate.) Any option swaps have to be done in their entirety... no picking and choosing which feature of the option package to implement.

You can remove or replace the air filter element. You can do anything to the exhaust downstream of the cat. You must have a stock computer tune, yada, yada, yada no changes except those specifically authorized in the rules...
    moxnix
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Feb 2013 04:48 PM
    edfishjr wrote:You can pinch in the fender inner lips for tire clearance but cannot roll/stretch (change the outside profile) of the fenders in any way.

You are getting stock confused with ST. No fender mods (inside or out) in stock class.

edfishjr
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    26 Feb 2013 12:32 AM
    moxnix wrote:
    edfishjr wrote:You can pinch in the fender inner lips for tire clearance but cannot roll/stretch (change the outside profile) of the fenders in any way.

You are getting stock confused with ST. No fender mods (inside or out) in stock class.

You are absolutely correct. My mistake.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner