AspireTec Engineering  468
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 19 Mar 2013 11:34 AM by  cbramey
Pro solo and solo flywheel/clutch/pp recommendations?
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cbramey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
26 Feb 2013 12:50 PM

I'm looking to cut as much rotating mass as possible. This is for a chevrolet ls7, less than 600hp.

The primary purpose is autocross and road course. I understand their are a number of options with various issues, and that many are lightweight. I hear the rps triples are 41+ lbs lighter than stock.

I also have to do r compound tire drag race starts. That means riding clutch out hard at 3000 or so. Not dumping it. Finally, it needs to be somewhat streetable and certainly will have to be capable of riding it up into a tight trailer as well.
    Reliability, durability, light weight and streetability are the top priorities, in order.

What can you tell me from running tilton, mcleod, spec, textralia, rps or quartermaster (or others)?

Any help is appreciated.

madarash

--
    26 Feb 2013 02:15 PM
    Chris,

Is this a pull type or a push.

Give me a call I think I know what you need you just won't like the price.

Mark
    ASP93

--
    26 Feb 2013 09:47 PM
    We had a quartermaster 7.25 triple disc with metallic frictions on the C5 towards the end. Pretty durable but crappy for launching/slipping, even with a tuneable restrictor in the slave hydraulics. You will want some form of multi disc carbon/carbon combination. Or consider a street style HD clutch with a conventional light flywheel. The increased rotating mass will not be felt at autocross speeds where tire grip will be your acceleration limit.
    cbramey
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Feb 2013 05:40 PM
    you guys are great. I appreciate it. although the decision is not getting any easier!
    AStockVette
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Mar 2013 01:00 AM

Hey Chris,

I've had a Spec clutch in my C5 for 6-7 years now with excellent performance.  Easy to control, pulls in/out of enclosed trailer with no issues, no slippage.  Re-built it once but really didn't have to (engine was out for other reasons).  2-3 years of heavy autox, last 4-5 years pretty much dedicated track car (now with over 600hp).  Danny Popp recommended the clutch when I was moving from SS to ASP, haven't regretted the decision.

I see you're registered for the A&M Tour; I'll bring my file with specifics if you're interested.

Bob Neff

cbramey
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Mar 2013 11:34 AM
    thanks Bob, that would be great!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner