3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
MattLuckow

--
06 Mar 2013 09:43 AM

Rule 14.10.E (page 88):

Replacement converters must have a minimum catalyst density of 100 cells per inch and minimum substrate length of 3” (76.2mm).

Question:

Do Magnaflow Spun Cats satisfy this? Is it safe to assume "body length" is substrate length? How about the cpi?

Link to parts in question.

OZMDD
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Mar 2013 10:57 AM
    I think the Magnaflow spun cats are fine, in terms of construction, cell count, etc. The substrate length is less than the body. Its pretty easy to check by inserting something into both ends till it touches the substrate, then measure the gap. I'd be surprised to find a cat with less than 3".
    Andy Hollis

--
    06 Mar 2013 03:06 PM
    OZMDD wrote:
    I think the Magnaflow spun cats are fine, in terms of construction, cell count, etc. The substrate length is less than the body. Its pretty easy to check by inserting something into both ends till it touches the substrate, then measure the gap. I'd be surprised to find a cat with less than 3".

This popular cat was specifically targeted when the allowance was written. They are minimum of 200 cpi, and none of them that we were aware of had bricks less than 3".

Yes, body length = substrate length. The substrate is housed in the cylindrical body of the cat, while overall length includes the tapers on either end.

MattLuckow

--
    06 Mar 2013 05:41 PM
    Thank you very much.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner